differential questions

CF_KoiFry

:
2003 Protege5
A while back...and it's been a while, there was a guy with a midnight blue automatic Anne he did A LOT of research on the auto trans. I'm having trouble finding his old build thread and although I'm sure the question of whether or not the msp differential is compatible gets asked a lot. I'm more curious about clearances. If I recall correctly, the carrier clearances is pretty much the same between the msp LSD an an auto open diff. That the ring gear is different. Now I'm in contact with lentech transmissions and we're tossing around ideas for the automatic as they seem to have the best reputation. Apparently they have the ability to machine a mtx-75 LSD to work. But they redrill hole set for fasteners, clearance the carrier, and machine the part to accept a new ring gear that will fit in the fn4a-el. Now I've asked them how their machinist would feel about attempting an Mfactory alteration as Mfactory offers a LSD for the mtx-75 and they were confident it was quite possible and their machinist agreed to try it as they at one time offered a torsen LSD for our automatic in their strip terminator build. So I got thinking...could I save the guy some headache and time (and possibly me some money) by using an Mfactory msp LSD instead. But my questions would be....

what's the msp bolt pattern for fasteners compared to auto diff
What's the msp case clearance compared to auto diff

I'm dumping mad $$$ into researching these automatics for us guys. Why? Cause believe it or not there's far more potential than folks realize. Ford Racing used to offer a 23 spline billet torque converter but it's since been discontinued. Lentech can build a 23 spline torque converter I just have to supply the 23 spline input shaft...which has currently been a chore to find. These things are serious gems....straight unobtanium.

Anyway help me out. I got BIG BIG plans.

Back