didn't wait for my MSP

djPhobic

well...i'm sorry to say but i backed out cause the dealer was trying to f$*# me over.....i ended up getting a black '02 SVT focus with all the options plus tinted windows for $16500 out the door tax title and everything....not bad eh.....with the extra 5-6 i saved over the MSP....i'll be able to do some serious mods....anyways...it's been nice talkin to everyone.....if anyone in the NW Ohio area gets an MSP....let me know....we should get together...i'd like to see it

Bummer, DJ. I should be getting my MSP soon. Sweeney is lending me a sweet auto Geo Prism until it comes in for free. So it is their dime and they should be worried about getting me a car soon. I am in Cincinnati and work up near Tri-County. I will post when I get my car.

What dealer is giving you the once over?

Jonny

congratulations on the svt focus. wow, it's pretty hard to find too. I think you saved more than 5-6k because mark ups are crazy.

yeah....i had to go from Toledo area in Ohio to Indianapolis to get it....but you can't beat that price for a brand new car with the performance and potential the focus has....plus...the aftermarket for the focus is pretty big....so i won't have a problem making some serious power gains.....plus...the svt's internals are already beefed up...so i can go FI and not worry about it....haven't decided whether i want to go turbo or supercharger...but that'll have to wait a while anyways....wanna keep the warranty as long as possible...but there are CAI on the market with dyno proven 12-16HP gains and plenty of exhausts to choose from...not to mention suspension and what not.....i'm excited....should be a good time seeing what i can do with it

another plus is the heated seats...moonroof....heated outside mirrors...etc....not necessary...but nice...only thing is the weight added by the heated seats/engine block heater/traction control system.....was nice that the dealer already tinted the windows too....black with black tint....shnice

i think i wanna get the stock wheels powder coated in black or gunmetal as well......what does everyone think??? too much black??

Last edited:
How the heck did you get it for that price? they must be much cheaper in the US than they are in Canada because the MRSP on a fully loaded SVT here is 30600:wtf: is with that? thats 3600 more than the MSP, I dont understand that at all

good choice of car though, if I dont get my MSP soon I am probably going to buy an SVT as well, there is a dealer just down the street from my work and they still have around 6 there

:(
bad choice man. I would have gone MSP all the way. I rented a focus before and HATED it. I know the SVT is better, but still...good luck.

tekkie said:
there is a dealer just down the street from my work and they still have around 6 there
I found that to be true of all the dealers. No surprise they're offering nice discounts on them.

The Focus is one of Car and Driver's Ten Best for 2003. (So is the Mazda 6.) Personally, I wouldn't own one because of all the recalls, as well as Ford's safety record.

The SVT's are pretty common out here in Nor Cal. The hardest part about finding them is noticing the difference between the 2. They look the same pretty much unless you are right next to them. The closer you are to them of course the more you can see the differences. Congrats on your purchase. You should probably make a call to Jackson Racing to see if they plan on producing that supercharger they had a while back. That puppy ended up producing 231hp at the flywheel.

very cool deal man! all that matters is that you're happy with it. check in with us everyso often and keep us updated with the SVT!

sure will....i already made my first purchase for my car....i bought new black emblems, a shorty antenna, ford racing shoulder pads, and smoked bumper lenses.....gonna run down to the summit store down in tallmadge and pick up some spline drive black lugs....cheap as hell down there...only $72...i see em going anywhere from $85-110 everywhere else....sure is nice only being an hour and a half away from the summit racing warehouse....don't know when i'm gonna start workin on power upgrades.....i've been talkin to alot of svt owners and it seems alot of ford dealers are pretty sketchy about warranty issues...so i might take it easy for a little while....maybe an intake or something.....we'll see.....anyways....good luck with the MSP's guys....i'm sure you'll love em......i just couldn't pass up this deal....this car was my second choice...but when i saw the price....i had to jump on it

JonnyMiata:
Pretty strange. I'm waiting on a call from Sweeney as well. Oddly enough, I also work near Tri-County. Union Center, to be exact. I'm way back in line though, so I won't get to see one for awhile. Hopefully they arrive soon.

Back