Did I break something?

JOSER_SPEED6

:
2014 Mazda 6 Touring
Hey Guys,

I have a 2006 MS6 with 62k miles and I think I might have broken a mount or something. Last week I starting hearing a loud noise everytime I shifted. At first I thought it might have been the engine mount (I recently upgraded to a Medivel rear Motor Mount) So I thought it was that but I checked it and its fine. Now I think it might be the tranny mount. When I shift I hear a loud knock, and when I brake it feels like the engine is moving around and now I'm having a hard time engaging the clutch. I know its not my clutch going out because it doesn't slip and it still feels strong, its just when I engage it especially in first and second gear.

Any idea's?

Last edited:
Because of how smaller gears (with fewer teeth) magnify the amount of actual torque applied to the ground, that's probably why you're only seeing it in the first and second gear. Outside of clutch engagement if the transmission is entering first and second gear smoothly (the actual shifting motion) and the gear itself is engaging then it's not the transmission all-together.

I can only tell you what I would do since I haven't been under the car. I would put it in the air and try to play around with the various joints in between your brakes and your differentials.

my clutch was ready to fall the **** apart and it still held power... these cars are kinda hard to diagnose.

Hey Joser check the bolt that holds the rear diff in place. You can find it towards the front part of the Diff housing. It happens all the time. If I get a MS6 today I will take a picture and point it out. better for you hope this helps. Mazda also sells upgraded bolts. Hope this helps. stop by the my site.

http://estovideorepairs.com/

Mine makes kind of a grinding when i shift, 45.5k miles, bought it used. Even just idling it does this and sometimes just sitting there shifting it does not throw into 2nd.

I've got an appt tomorrow to have them look at it. The guy said it would be inspected under warranty so will let you know what they find.

Last edited:
^^ UPDATE:
Just got back from the dealer, they test drove it and said i might have bad syncros. They'd have to drop the tranny in order to find out what is wrong and get parts ordered.
From the sounds of it, it would be covered under warranty.

Will be dropping it off on Tuesday for them to get started and will be about week to week and a half before i get it back. :(

Just wanted to give and update and sorry if this is thread jacking.

Back