DGmotorsports Wide body kit

dropdeadYOU

:
03 Protege DX
Howdy! New to the forum; I'm in the process of getting an 02 mica blue Protege DX. Been looking around for body mods. It already has a front lip, side skirts and spoiler, but I'm not sure I like the look. Might wanna go the MSP front bumper with the lip. Anyway!

I found these fender flares and side skirt:

http://www.dgmotorsports.com/details_1.asp?ProductID=50-61-1139&ProcessType=1
http://www.dgmotorsports.com/details_1.asp?ProductID=50-61-1138&ProcessType=1

What exactly are they designed to fit? MSP? Standard Sedan bumper/rear too?

Thanks!

EDIT: Nevermind about pics; found this:
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123637399&highlight=wide+body

Last edited:
the only diff between the P5's and other proteges is that the p5 rear bumper is shorter. but since this isn't a rear bumper....as i said before it will fit all

yea but i was looking at that kit too so i emailed dg and they told me it would only fit the wagon. this was a while ago and i dont have the email anymore so i second what makemegofast says

Thanks guys but after seeing a few wagons with em I think I'd rather only change the front bumper and add a rear skirt. I don't like the wings west wide body and I don't wanna go through the trouble/cost of the VIS GT. Car needs some paint so I figured I might just get the body parts I want before I bother with the paint in the first place.

The mintblue front on a sedan? looks nice but seems hard to get. I've found it listed as "spike" and "bug eye" on random sites. anyone know a good place to get it? I'm a little confused whether these are full bumper replacements or the half bumper though.

http://grounddynamics.com/Templates/frmTemplateP1.asp?CatalogID=9302&Zoom=Yes&SubFolderId=620
dont know who makes the "spike" version

http://www.gofastperformance.com/product_info.php?products_id=1594
manufacturer listed as erebuni

Sorry for changing topics...

Last edited:
I would like a better look at that gofast body kit. It only shows the front. I like the grounddynamics also. I am wondering about fitment though.

Oh can anyone comment on the quality of these kits from these manufacturers? Its seems like you cant get the mintblue kits anymore. I really like the styling but if its just cheaply made, I'd rather just get a mp3/msp front because this will be a daily driver

For a daily driver, I would say its better to get the Mazda parts. What lip and sideskirts does it have on there already, do you have an pics of it?

It currently has this lip, side skirt and spoiler with no rear lip. It looks alright but I don't like the look of the front end. I dont have my camera around so I have no pics yet.

Only other thing I REALLY wanna change is the gauge cluster has no tach

Attachments

• 2003_Protege_Front_Air_Dam_(Performance).jpg
    2003_Protege_Front_Air_Dam_(Performance).jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 663
  • 2003_Protege_Rear_Spoiler_(Performance).jpg
    2003_Protege_Rear_Spoiler_(Performance).jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 654
  • 2003_Protege_Side_Sill_Extensions_(Performance).jpg
    2003_Protege_Side_Sill_Extensions_(Performance).jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 640
love that spoiler do u know anyone who by any chance has one just lying around? yea i dont like that front much either, but i love the look of the wagon bumper w/o foglights on the 99-00 protege. since urs is the newer one i would just do a msp conversion. but u cant forget the turbo..

Nah I dont, sorry. yeah I HAVE been checking out the hiboost kit with drool forming at the edges of my mouth. Cant really decide whether I should or not.

$3800 + suspension + msp front end (which I think I've decided on btw).

Got any cost effective ideas? Trying to go back to school this time next year haha

man the only cost effective thing i can think of is try to find msp that was rearended, so the front bumper is intact, at a junk yard and do the work urself. at least u dont have to save 4200 for a turbo kit, i have the 1.6 so im SOL when it comes to different options.

well my dad is a mechanic so it would be free labor (unless you count letting him speed around in it costly) and I've got a decent job so I COULD spend that much, but it would be wiser to put it away for school. what I wouldn't give to have parents to bankroll my education. Anyone wanna adopt me?

I can def do the bumper no problem though. Just the turbo I'm hesitant about. Who knows though, we'll see how I feel when I get to it.

for now I'm gonna get the msp front/rear/paint/gauges in order. Thanks for the input!

not i, i have to do all this by myself but o well, once its done its gonna be worth it just to hear the turbo spool up and the blow off valve woosh. but once it gets done get some pics up.

yeah i know man I really really want to say **** it and go for it, but who knows I might wanna get a different ride and then I'll be too committed (~$5000 on after market parts) to this one to sell it and move on. Did I mention I paid $4500 for the car? It almost seems crazy to spend more that that on stuff FOR the car lol. We'll see how I feel once I have the money though. I hear mods get addictive...

hell yea, before this year my pro was stock as ****. i loved cars for years but never thought about putting parts in mine. then i found an injen intake for 99 bucks shipped on ebay couldnt pass that deal and nowi have it lowered on some 15"s with headers exhaust headlights corner lights tints cd player speakers. plus im trying to order more parts each paycheck. i love it

Back