Dent Remval Kits..Do They Work???

Keop0007

:
MSP 3.5 TI
Hey guys, i m a first time poster, but long time reader.. i was wondering i have a 1-1.5 inch dent in the side of my rear trunk.. i purshased one of those pop a dent kits from the mall and was wondering if anyone ever used such a thing. it anyone have ever used it, does it work?? maybe some suggestions on getting the dent out..

i cousin bought one from strauss and returned it after he removed the dents. said it works

quatelate said:
so how much is one of these ive got one on my roof that annoys the hell out of me
now that you made it ovbious, it shows in your sig picture, doesn't it?

i have one from a guy in a bicycle crashing into my rear driver side door... it sucks....he even stripped the clear cot on a part...i wonder if it would work with that too

I had seen a write up in car and driver or something and they said they do not work. My friend had bought one and said the glue got all over the place. I wouldnt try..

They work for very minor dents. Anything with a crease in the metal or chipped paint, it won't fix completely.

Also, the good kits don't come with a strong adhesive. The gel is to help create a better seal around the suction cups.

thats what im thinking, if it the kit at all has any actualy strong adhesive or GLUE. dont buy it. i remember dent king or w/e that came out bah cheap tricks usually never work. if anyone tries one let us know

thanks guys, i think that i am not going to try it an go to a pdr shop instead. even though it is a small dent with out a crease in it. the kit did come with a glue gun and a stik of glue.

I was always curious how those glue based ones work. how the hell do you get it off with out damaging the clear coat/paint. I remember watching an infomercial where the sucktion cup would just pop off as the dent or ding popped back out. but i dont remember if they used adhesive or not.

I bought the Ding King tool. I think it works well on minor dents. I've used it on dime to silver dollar size dents on my Maxima. Some dents completely disappear and others are much less noticeable.
The glue pops right off and any residue is easily removed with a towel and any sort of cleaning liquid.

Keop0007 said:
Hey guys, i m a first time poster, but long time reader.. i was wondering i have a 1-1.5 inch dent in the side of my rear trunk.. i purshased one of those pop a dent kits from the mall and was wondering if anyone ever used such a thing. it anyone have ever used it, does it work?? maybe some suggestions on getting the dent out..

I wouldn't use one. Find yourself a good PDR guy and pay him to work his magic on your car. I have seen what a good PDR person can do, and no off the shelf or over the net kit can come close. You may infact make it worse by using such a kit.

I used Ding King on my old MX-6, got the bulk of a decent sized dent out, but it just is not strong enough to get deepish dents out, I won't use one on my MSP, I don't think it will damage anything but eh, I'm not risking it.

SNike05 said:
It all depends on the size of the dent and how long its been there.

If you guys start pulling on dents, be it with a dent king kit or suction cups you most likely will make the situation worse. You may think you got most of the dent out and maybe saved a few bucks on a PDR repair if you choose to go that route later on. You probably pulled the dent and stretched the metal. Thus making the dent impossible to be taken out without true fledged body/paint repair.

Do yourself and your car a favor and get it professionaly fixed by a reputable PDR person

Back