delimia of waiting for used or buying new?

ltlurker

:
honda fit
i'll start by saying that I don't need a SUV. I was actually looking for a honda fit replacement and was considering X5 before I test drove the X9 and loved it. I'm pretty sold that I'll just have 2 cars and was wondering if you folks think buying new 2017 or getting used 2016 is the way to go? I havent looked much into mazda resale value so I appreciate the input. thanks

i'll start by saying that I don't need a SUV. I was actually looking for a honda fit replacement and was considering X5 before I test drove the X9 and loved it. I'm pretty sold that I'll just have 2 cars and was wondering if you folks think buying new 2017 or getting used 2016 is the way to go? I havent looked much into mazda resale value so I appreciate the input. thanks

I think it will be tough finding a used 2016 since they just came out in June 2016 I believe. You might save some if you can find a dealer demo unit with 2000-3000 miles on it once the 2017 comes out. I've read that the price will rise on the 2017 model and I also read that there is likely to be no changes in the 2017 over the 2016. I really like my new CX9 after owning it 10 days. You can get some discounts on the 2016 now like 4%. I hope this helps.

The discount where I live in Maine/New Hampshire can be negotiated to around 4%. You have to see what you can get in your area. I go into a dealership and say exactly what I want to buy (color, trim level and options) and what I want to pay. I do all my shopping online so I know selling prices before I go to a dealership. By the way, on your dilemma, I had a similar one. The car I was selling was a 2005 Highlander in perfect condition. If I waited for the 2017s, the CX9 would likely be more expensive and my Highlander would have depreciated more. My Highlander sold for top dollar privately even though it was an 11 year old car and I got the 4% discount on the CX9. I also didn't want to wait once I drove the CX9. I had been shopping for a new ride for a while and finding nothing that turned me on until I drove the CX9.

As soon as the 2017 model hit the dealers, get the 2016 demo with a nice discount.

slight difference is that I'm not going to get rid of the honda fit. It works for the city, I don't find myself looking for more space even with kid so it's hard to justify to get a car that's about 2x larger.

got an offer of ~ 40K without taxes and fees for a signature trim. Am i stupid to want to keep on waiting?

I'm sorry--did you just say you were intending to replace your Honda Fit with a BMW X5?? Did you just come into an inheritance? (wow)

I think it will be tough finding a used 2016 since they just came out in June 2016 I believe.
This is an understatement. The only chance you'll have finding a used '16 CX-9 would be if someone bought it, and hated it so much that they traded it in for something else--which means that it would likely be at a dealer for another brand.

Where did you find 10%? That is amazing! As I said in a previous reply, I got 4% at a dealer fairly close to me and was happy with that. I just got mine 10 days ago and as a bonus it came with the ambient lighting package which is cool. In shopping around I was getting everything from full msrp to about 6% off, but the 6% was too far away so not worth the trip. Most dealers I spoke to didn't even have a signature in Machine Gray so any price quote was meaningless. I sold my Highlander '05 myself to the first person who saw it on craigslist. It was in great shape. Dealer wanted to give me $5k and I got almost twice that. I'm happy!

i'm beginning to think the 10% is switch and bait. the dealer is a bit allusive on the details and is now not calling me back.. :) guess i'll wait

10% does almost sound too good to be true.

Our Soul Red AWD GT listed for a little over $43k, we paid $500 over invoice and also received $1000 stair step owner loyalty (we had a CX-9 as well as have a Mazda 6) and also $500 military discount, so $39,810 (before taxes and fees) was our price, and I was ecstatic about it.

Back