dedicated vac line from the brake booster help

jason a

:
2003.5 mazdaspeed protege
i need help finding the vac line from the brake booster for dedicated vac line for my new bov

How far away from the bend on the left side on the brake booster line is that sensor? I'm putting in a vacuum block but don't want to get too close to that sensor.. I can sort of feel it, but just want to be sure.

It's not so much of a sensor as it is a one way valve I believe. you just want to be on the left side of the knot you can feel in the line. SO between the valve and the IM.

i need help finding the vac line from the brake booster for dedicated vac line for my new bov

It's the thicker line that is in the back of the engine bay. Look for the brake block and it is right behind that running from right to left connecting to the IM. make sure you source it to the left of the valve that is in that line.

How far away from the bend on the left side on the brake booster line is that sensor? I'm putting in a vacuum block but don't want to get too close to that sensor.. I can sort of feel it, but just want to be sure.

the check valve is in the middle of the brake boost line u can feel a little lump just before the last curve in the line cut about 1 to 2 inches to the left of it and youll be good

pics

im pointing at the check valve i used a pair of plyers to squeez the brake boost line to find it cuz the hose is hard but dont squeez it to hard u might break the check valve u can also feel it in the hose as a little lump but its kinda hard to feel cut it about 2" in front of the check valve u also want to run the VAC hose as short as possible i ran it under my motor as u can see in the other pic i had to cut a slot in the motor cover on the underside so it would fit its a nice clean look

Attachments

• check valve.jpg
    check valve.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 146
  • check valve2.jpg
    check valve2.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
Back