Debating trading for SRT-4

mspdfreak said:
Oh, c'mon... I went to a car show earlier this year, and in less than 2hrs., someone had already broken off the turn-signal stalk on one of those neons. )
blown subs, bad head unit, hey this can go both ways, my point is im sick of this srt vs msp s***, it's beating the deadest ****** horse ever, i wish i was a mod so when one of these threads start i can close it right away, but alas im not and most likely never will be lol..

here is my experience from owning both.
msp problems.
in one week antifreeze leak.
first cold day squeaks from hell
3,000 miles warped rotors
10,000 miles motor making pinging noises on cold start up.
and almost forgot about the clunk

srt problems
one small oil leak at 700 miles
7,000 miles and no other issues

No, but compared to the MSP, they DO handle like s***. Too much body roll (which means any). And the skidpad isn't the true barometer of handling...the slalom is.

lol there you go again with the msp vs srt s***, coulda sworn people were saying it handles like s*** in general but guess im wrong? im not replyin here anymore i guess, it's beatin the horse too much

lol...No, I thought that was what he meant when he said they handle like s***. I mean, c'mon, in general, the SRT-4 handles great.

Gbourdon said:
The evo is just a lancer.
The srt-4 is just a neon.
The MSP is just a protege.
The STi is just an impreza.

(blah)
Exactly get a car with balls. A Supra if you want import, Z06 if you want domestic.

122 Vega said:
Well, I can speak from experience, I owned both. And at the same time. So my veiws of one or the other are not biased by over-romanticized nostalgia or grass-is-greener type of thoughts. Both cars are decent, however I chose to sell one to get my new Dakota Quad Cab, guess which one I sold? That's right, the SRT. The car simply was not as fun as paople inflate it to be. I thought the handling was horrible, and it still was sub-par after my Hotchkis swaybars. The struts were far from even near enought for the weight of the car. The stereo sucked compared to 90% of the cars I have owned, even the Dakota sounds way better. I can only imagine that you are into straight line performance becuse the SRT is not a comfortable autocrosser or even twitsy road performer. I have sutocrossed for 8 years, and have done open track days and some solo racing, so I have a fair understanding of a car's capabilities. Now, with thousands of dollars into the suspension of the SRT, it would do alright. But I think the MSP is a far more capable car. It is also more comfortable and predicatble. As far as power goes, there are plenty of new parts coming out for the MSP that could put it on par with the SRT. IF that is what you are looking for. If you want a unique ride with a great balance of power, handling, comfort, brakes and did I mention handling? The MSP wins hands down.

Britt
(werd)....... i second that....well put

imho, if you need to debate over trading a car in for something in more or less the same price/class range, than its probably not worth it. Some will beg to differ. If you really just want all out speed go for it. Especially if you not too upside down on your loan, cut your losses short and do it now. I love my speed, but I must admit... I think of other vehicles lol. But I am going to keep it and pay it off, and have a kick ass daily driver when its time to purchase a new Cobra or Skyline a couple of years down the road.

and for the love of god lets kill the should I threads. Most of you know what the srt/wrxti/gtr32/specxxx/evo's of the world are all about. And our opinions never change. If they make you warm and fuzzy then go for it... just be sure to post pics (blah) sorry for the miny rant

Last edited:
Back