**Deal's Gap meet April 20-22**

Knox Joe said:
10 mins??!!?? (shocked) You're running the Gap at the same pace as the fastest time ever recorded there, by the famous Gap Jedi.

OK OK I never timed myself... Relax... I'm just trying to relate how it felt...but if you want I could expand on how it was for me. Besides, seeing as you have a crotch rocket and I have only a mildly modified Evo I'm sure you could put me in my place. :)

Last edited:
I would like to know if there are any meetings like this for 3's. I am going to be at Deal's Gap in Feb. Me and the Fiance will be on our honeymoon. It will also not be a good weather to run it hard up and down the Gap. If you can let me know where to go in this forum to either set up meetings for 3's or find these types of meetings, it would be greatly appreciated. I wish I could make the April Run with you guys if you do it. I want to try my stock 3 out before I start stiffining the supension up. I also have a '94 Protege I hope to start work on soon. I think it would be a great Deal's Gap car. Thanks for any info. Have a Merry Christmas.

bbrimhall said:
I would like to know if there are any meetings like this for 3's. I am going to be at Deal's Gap in Feb. Me and the Fiance will be on our honeymoon. It will also not be a good weather to run it hard up and down the Gap. If you can let me know where to go in this forum to either set up meetings for 3's or find these types of meetings, it would be greatly appreciated. I wish I could make the April Run with you guys if you do it. I want to try my stock 3 out before I start stiffining the supension up. I also have a '94 Protege I hope to start work on soon. I think it would be a great Deal's Gap car. Thanks for any info. Have a Merry Christmas.

There are loads of 3s in the http://www.carolinamazdas.com forum. We're going the weekend of April 14-15. Check out the forums over there!

Evo Scooter said:
OK OK I never timed myself... Relax... I'm just trying to relate how it felt...but if you want I could expand on how it was for me. Besides, seeing as you have a crotch rocket and I have only a mildly modified Evo I'm sure you could put me in my place. :)

I'm just playin' with ya'.

I know you were estimating.:)

The record is in an RX-7 BTW. 9:47.

Knox Joe said:
I'm just playin' with ya'.

I know you were estimating.:)

The record is in an RX-7 BTW. 9:47.

OK I just don't want to ruffle any feathers here as I am a total noob to this forum and technically the MZSPD3 belongs to the wife. I'd get it from both sides.
(doughpoke (smash)

haha. well im sorry the other people in charge of the meet dont want anything but rotary related. the talk on our forum though is that the old person in charge and the two he approached about taking control want rotarys only. so that sucks.

im going to try to set up something during the summer. maybe not like the april meet, no vendors. just a weekend to hangout and run the dragon and skyway. ill have to see how things go with my surgery and such though. itll mostly be a money issue.

xelderx said:
Is that from Crossroads to the overlook or is it Crossroads to the bridge?

From CROT to overlook, then from overlook to CROT. Then divide that time in half.

To me (and most other locals) from CROT to TN is faster. I think there is more rights and more downhill sections or something. My best time on bike is like 10:30-11:00 (I worked there, so I rode that road at least twice a day for a while) , best in a stock Neon I used to drive was a little over 12min.

Last edited:
Knox Joe said:
From CROT to overlook, then from overlook to CROT. Then divide that time in half.

To me (and most other locals) from CROT to TN is faster. I think there is more rights and more downhill sections or something. My best time on bike is like 10:30-11:00 (I worked there, so I rode that road at least twice a day for a while) , best in a stock Neon I used to drive was a little over 12min.

I need to head up there on a day with no traffic so I can see how I do. Last time I was there it was a little busy.

xelderx said:
I need to head up there on a day with no traffic so I can see how I do. Last time I was there it was a little busy.

Dawn and dusk are the best times.

Or Winter. If you catch a nice mid 50's day the Gap is empty.

Knox Joe said:
Dawn and dusk are the best times.

Or Winter. If you catch a nice mid 50's day the Gap is empty.

True. When I went up there to meet the Evo folks I was up before dawn checking the car and adjusting tire pressure, etc. As soon as it was light I went out and it was empty except for one SRT4 who we played with a bit. We stopped at the overlook and talked to him for a while before going back and picking up the rest of the sleepy Evo group. Absolutely beautiful up there.

Demoniam said:
There are loads of 3s in the http://www.carolinamazdas.com forum. We're going the weekend of April 14-15. Check out the forums over there!

acually our group had to change the date to the 21st and 22nd.... so Carolina mazdas will be out there if you all go... maybe we can all meet up at the bottom of the gap and take some pics...

heres are thread if you want to check us out...

http://www.carolinamazdas.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=233&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

I can't make the weekend of the 22nd. I have a race in Greensboro. If I have enough money I'll head up there the weekend before and crash the rotary party. Hopefully I'll have my 245s mounted by then.

xelderx said:
I can't make the weekend of the 22nd. I have a race in Greensboro. If I have enough money I'll head up there the weekend before and crash the rotary party. Hopefully I'll have my 245s mounted by then.

245's? Can you get that much rubber hot with the P5? What size rim are you running? 15? Post some pics once you have them mounted because I bet a 245 looks freakin' awesome on a P5!!! (shocked)

i'm jealous of you guys that are close to DG. One of these days i'm gonna run it.

jmv said:
i'm jealous of you guys that are close to DG. One of these days i'm gonna run it.
You will not regret going up there. I may actually go in March due to some travel I may have to do for work. Let me cross my fingers.

Back