Dealership says new front rotors are warped after 1300 miles?!

:
2012 CX-9 Touring AWD Bose & Tows
So less then a month ago I had all new EBC USR rotors and redstuff pads (bought them off Amazon) installed by a local mechanic who I used for years with all my other cars and never a problem. I moved to a different area for work and started to feel when braking from 60-40mph a vibration. I took it to my new local dealership out of not knowing anyone else in the area yet to trust. I dropped off my car and explained everything and asked if they would test the run out and true the rotors and I was told they would. They said to me the rotors were "out of round" and needed to be replaced. When I picked up the my CX-9 I asked them for the run out print out and they said they didn't do that. When I asked how they trued them they said they were warped because when they stepped on the brake it vibrated through the pedal and not the seat. These brakes are high end and I have used EBC on all my cars without them "warping" or even as much as a vibration. Now a couple questions:

1) Does Mazda have a document stating what must/or should be done to determine a rotor is warped or needs to be replaced?

2) Is it even likely that rotors could "warp" in 1300 miles of use?

3) I've read a lot recently about how rotors don't "warp" but just need to be trued from a run out, how would cast iron wrap anyway?

take it somewhere else to have them turned.

or watch some youtube videos on how to do brakes jobs (super easy) and take the rotors yourself to an auto parts store (like o'reilly's) and have them turn the rotors for about $12/ea.

the rotors will come off very easily since they were just done (not corroded to the hub).

rotors don't warp; they just don't. if they do anything from overheating: they crack. what you have read recently is true. the causes for the "warped" feel are numerous.

ebc is a good company; i highly doubt out of round rotors got passed their QC, but anything is possible.

Back