De-badging Your Car

richrat

:
"04" Mazda 3 Hatchback
De-badging You Car

Hello all,
This is my first post and I thought I might try to save someone else from having to buy any badges from the dealer.......DON'T TRY TO DE-BADGE YOUR CAR

I have always debadged my cars and have NEVER had any problems......

I started with the rear Mazda badge in the middle of the hatch.........IT HAS 2 HOLES IN THE MIDDLE FOR NO REASON....When I went to the dealer they told me the only badge you can remove is the 3 on the rear hatch after the Mazda.......

The Mazda badge on the left side has 3 holes in it.... (chair)

Why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And did these cars pass U.S. Ecco?

This is where the test cars in a chamber for rust/corrosion

If anyone knows please respond......THANKS!

I do LOVE my car......I now have 537 miles on it....2 weeks old.

the 3 has holes then too huh? ah well, that sucks, debadge it and bring it into a piant shop to get filled/shaved and repainted (while its still new paint). thats what i'm doing to my p5.

Yep, it sucks, but true - due to not wanting to spend $$ on filling/painting, I painted my rear Protege emblem black - not too bad, but not badgeless unfortunately. Drillin' holes in the car for badges doesn't make sense to me either.

richrat said:
The Mazda badge on the left side has 3 holes in it.... (chair)

Why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And did these cars pass U.S. Ecco?

This is where the test cars in a chamber for rust/corrosion

If anyone knows please respond......THANKS!

I do LOVE my car......I now have 537 miles on it....2 weeks old.

The holes are common on a lot of vehicles and are used for both locating the badges to ease installation and to keep the badges from sliding if the adhesive gets too hot.

I'm sure a secondary reason is to discourage people from removing the name on the car.

As far as corrosion testing, since the car has a 5-yr/Unlimited-mi Corrosion warranty, then I would assume that they have done any necessary testing.

Common? Hmm, I dunno about that one - most cars I've seen (including high end stuff...Benz, BMW, etc.) don't have holes underneath. Ah well, whatever....

TampaBlackMSP said:
Common? Hmm, I dunno about that one - most cars I've seen (including high end stuff...Benz, BMW, etc.) don't have holes underneath. Ah well, whatever....

I'm not in the habit of de-badging cars but a good number of the ones I've messed with had holes and pins (Benz, Cadillac, Mustang, Honda...).

I think that's what I'm thinking - my older VW's had them (2 Rabbit GTI's, '90 Jetta GLI), whereas my newer VW's didn't ('95 and '00 GTI)...

alexlitov said:
Toyota also has holes....

European cars usually don't have holes

Toyota... that's the one I couldn't rememember.

My Benz was an '89. Maybe they did it differently back then. (dunno)

If you really wanted to get creative, you could devise a new badge to put in its place. Like "PIMPIN" or "NO FAT CHICKS" or something. (evil)

that sux cause the 2.3 badges came with a guide to make the instal as accurate as humanly posible for dealers.

the msp is not that bad to debadge.. the mazdaspeed badge peels right off, then i removed the badge from the center of the grill and the center of the trunk and painted them the same color as my 2003.5 blazin yellow..came out nice.

Latest posts

Back