Dave's audio install & sound deadning

Funny you brought this up. I need a good kick in the ass to finish it right. I've spent so much time, effort and money on my turbo build that I've been content with the set up due to the great sound. It sounds good but looks....well.... just ok. I'll try to take some pics tomorrow.
The real problem is that it's damn near next to impossible to build a false floor in one piece and get it to fit in the car. I have a few ideas and I really want to finish. Turbo first - install finished this Fall. Trunk set up next - finish by Winter. At least thats the plan.

Thanks for the interest.

Last edited:
I want to get my trunk done badly...I have 2 Alpine Type S 12's, 2 8" Rockford Punch subs, MB Quart Reference 6X9 w/ crossovers (rear), mtx mxa 8001D mono amp, mtx mxa 6004 (4-channel) and a 2.4 cap. I'm trying to have it nice and neat but all I need to do is be able to get to my spare...and want to get the msp turbo kit installed. I'm leaning on getting the trunk done first...and I like how you have the tweeters fitted in the doors, nice! I have mine in the panel opposite of the side mirrors but yours looks great.

I'm not sure I understand what you are asking?

Like where the speakers are in the back of the sedan..should I put the dynamat in the trunk facing the subs or in the car on top of the metal where the speakers face up into.

Understand?

hey Dave, I've got the same components mm6500 just a year older than that one.

Is it possible to flush mount that tweet on the Door Sail by the A-pillar? Or is it too big you think?

I tried that route.....the tweeter is too deep. You would have to do something custom and I couldn't imagine it ever looking right. Also, I was not able to find anyone on the boards that did it successfully....that might be a sign.

hey Dave, I've got the same components mm6500 just a year older than that one.

Is it possible to flush mount that tweet on the Door Sail by the A-pillar? Or is it too big you think?

DAMN! That sucks, I really liked these components when I auditioned them too. Had them NIB for the last 2-3 years lol. Guess I may have to buy a different set.

That's a friggin' job and a half dude...great work!!

I recently covered my trunk and rear seat floor with B-quiet and a layor of V-com. My back is still f***ed and to be honest, I didn't noticed any difference which makes my back pain feel even worst.

My goal was to reduce road noise/drooooone of my exhaust abit but this stuff didn't help and I was warned.

Well, what is the noise level after all these hard work? Is it a much quieter ride?

Honestly the rewards were not quite what I expected. It did help a good bit but you have to be willing to give up a long weekend and risking tearing s*** up before you go down this road. I didn't tear anything up but I see where one could.

I need to go back and do my doors properly.

That's a friggin' job and a half dude...great work!!

I recently covered my trunk and rear seat floor with B-quiet and a layor of V-com. My back is still f***ed and to be honest, I didn't noticed any difference which makes my back pain feel even worst.

My goal was to reduce road noise/drooooone of my exhaust abit but this stuff didn't help and I was warned.

Thanks! I agree about the drone situation. I'd probably do it again but still though man....it's a pretty tough little project.

Thanks! I agree about the drone situation. I'd probably do it again but still though man....it's a pretty tough little project.

Tough project for real man...I just did a 1/3 of what you did and it took me 7-8 hours. My hands where black for 2 days..ruined my favorite sweater and swets because of the tar adhesive crap. Never again!

Back