Dashhawk Questions

I just use one of those cell phone sticky pads on my steering wheel column. I've never had any problems with my DH moving around.

Mines right on the steering column, best place to get a good look at it. Depending on what screen your set up in (2,3, 4, 6, or 7 windows) could be a bit hard to see the numbers in the 6 or 7 screen configuration. I think the closer the better... plus it's pretty inconspicuous.

Mines right on the steering column, best place to get a good look at it. Depending on what screen your set up in (2,3, 4, 6, or 7 windows) could be a bit hard to see the numbers in the 6 or 7 screen configuration. I think the closer the better... plus it's pretty inconspicuous.

Could you snap a picture or is it in a similar position as the picture on the previous page?

Yeah what did you use to mount it on your steering wheel column? Velcro?

Also, What kind of cell phone holder are some of you using to suction cup it to the lower left side of the window? Thanks

here you go...hard to get a good shot of my POV when driving but I have a perfect view of all my gauges and the DH. I personally don't like anything on the upper dash above the gauges, don't like advertising. The velcro works great too, no problem sticking solid. DashHawk supplies a base that I used to velcro to the unit. (Ignore the numbers on the DH, the car was sitting in my garage after driving and when I clicked the pics I just turned on the key didn't start the car.)

Attachments

• 100_0426.JPG
    100_0426.JPG
    859.5 KB · Views: 195
  • 100_0425.JPG
    100_0425.JPG
    676.3 KB · Views: 180
here you go...hard to get a good shot of my POV when driving but I have a perfect view of all my gauges and the DH. I personally don't like anything on the upper dash above the gauges, don't like advertising. The velcro works great too, no problem sticking solid. DashHawk supplies a base that I used to velcro to the unit. (Ignore the numbers on the DH, the car was sitting in my garage after driving and when I clicked the pics I just turned on the key didn't start the car.)

I think this is the placement I will go with when I get mine. Thanks for all the help guys.

and yes I remove it from my car if parked, I don't leave anything visible in my car. If they don't see anything to take.... well you get it.

Last edited:
2009-62-0-0-48-1-P3010597.JPG

I have my Dash Hawk mounted on the dash with a modified Garmin GPS suction mount. I will take some better photos and post them.

Here is mine. Sorry about the crap cell phone pic.

dashhawk.jpg

Version 2.51 is available. It is a good upgrade over 2.5

Last edited:
I really like it mounted near the windshield on the left kinda like the performance display on the new cobalt SS/TC.

Last edited:
To install the dashhawk i know you just plug it in to the port under steering wheel but is that it? Like to get boost on it, just plugging it in makes it work?

Well it would be good to plug it into your computer first then update it to the latest firmware. You can set what you want to display on what screen and then ya just plug it in and it works.

WHOA!!!! relax...just plug it into the hole...there is no need for cutting or splicing...just update it on your computer to the newest version and boost/vacuum will be available

with DashHawk is there an option to turn it on / off or is it like the AP that it stays on even when the car ingnition is off? The only way i can turn the AP off is by disconnecting it

display turns off when key off. minamal battary consumption but if i were to leave car for a month or so i would unplug it.

Back