Dash material

bradamj

What's the best way to clean the material that is on the dash...it's like a checkered material and it's also on the door's...what should I use on it?

Is it OK or recommended to use spray/shine stuff on the dash? I personally don't like the look of the glossy dash, but I've always been told it protects the dash from the sun and my car is a non-garaged car. I read in the manual not to use a "glaze" - would these products be considered a glaze since they are so greasy? I purchased a Meguier New Tech type - but it was extremely thick/greasy so haven't used it. Should I just stick with a dry wipe to clean the dust? Any recommendations? Thanks.

bradamj said:
What's the best way to clean the material that is on the dash...it's like a checkered material and it's also on the door's...what should I use on it?

I use a wet towel

Yeah same I used the wet towel but I would go over it again with a dry one to get any water off. That works pretty well and the swiffer things should work fine aswell.

In response.

i have found that material to be difficult to clean. cloths and towels stick to is. it can be like sandpaper sometimes. attracting lynt and other foreign materials. but i have found that using a we or moist sponge works the best. no lynt on sponge to stick to it and u can let it air dry in a few min. works really well. try it, you will see. and good luck.

i use a moist microfiber towel with half 303 protectant and half water
to clean the dust daily i just moisten the microfiber towel with water and wipe down..i moisten the towel with 303 protectant when the dash need it

Back