Cylinder head removal.

fuzzybmx

:
Mazda speed 3
Hello everybody! I have a huge problem! My VVT pin feel out, which caused the bolt to dig into the side of the cylinder head of my engine. The car has 96,000 miles on it, so it's way out of warranty. I was wondering if anyone had a how-to full pulling the head off? Thanks for any help provided!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 190
The How-to database in the Gen 1 MS3 subforum on MSF is pretty extensive. I can't link to it, but it's worth checking out.

Fair warning, if you haven't been over there yet: search and read before asking questions. Most of the time the information is there already, but you're expected to look first.

www.turismovids.com

I have a how to on installing stuff, but removing the head.............removing timing cover, unbolt cams per fsm, unbolt head per fsm, etc.

good time to replace vvt, timing chain and tensioner. you'll need a new crank pulley bolt and all the timing tools to reset everything.

Thanks for the reply guys! I've been searching the internet for pretty much weeks and a little bit here on the forms for a how-to with no luck. Thanks Chimmike for the link I'll check it out.

you will need to go to msf or somewhere and get the FSM.

I will rent you the timing tools if you like.

Back