Cylinder 1 Missfire

when it's a cylinder misfire, in my experience with cars. It's generally the coil packs. Then plugs, then wires. Make sure everything is connected correctly.

There is 2 of them. One above cylinders 1 & 2, one above 3 & 4. One end of the coil goes directly above a spark plug, the other end has a wire going to the plug. Unplug the wires, unbolt the 10mm bolts holding them down, pull them out and swap their positions. If your initial misfire on cylinder 1 was due to a coil pack issue, it should move to cylinder 3 when you swap the coil packs.

If it stays on cylinder 1, it could be a spark plug or wire issue (1 & 3 have wires, 2 & 4 have the coil packs going straight down).

wait I remember when we did the spark plugs, I don't remember gaping them. it could just be that we need to gap them properly

wait I remember when we did the spark plugs, I don't remember gaping them. it could just be that we need to gap them properly

I bought a gap tool with the plugs and i checked them. Also, that was months ago. And they were iridium, i though that you dont need to gap those.
Either way, i did that, and set it at .38 ish

You're right, you don't gap Iridium plugs but why did you waste $30 on plugs? I keep saying this.. our cars hate Iridium plugs and on top of that they're crazy expensive. Just stick to regular ol' Copper V-Power NGK.. they work just fine, actually better..

ZFR6F-11 gapped at .028 - .032

Go buy some of those, gap them properly, and reset the ECU. Get back to us after you get the right plugs with the right gap.

You're right, you don't gap Iridium plugs but why did you waste $30 on plugs? I keep saying this.. our cars hate Iridium plugs and on top of that they're crazy expensive. Just stick to regular ol' Copper V-Power NGK.. they work just fine, actually better..

Go buy some of those, gap them properly, and reset the ECU. Get back to us after you get the right plugs with the right gap.

I had iridium plugs for over a year and never threw a CEL with them...I would not suspect them. I swapped them out to go 1 step colder

The Local French forum suggested them. I was in need of a change so thats what i got. Next ones will be V-Power. I cant imaging its the plugs, but i will get them changed ASAP anyways. There coming up on 6000KM so its about time.

I'm having a cylinder 3 misfire right now and i just bought new plugs march. If the plugs the issue i don't know why it's life period is so short. With the coilpacks, wouldn't two cylinders be misfiring since two of the boot wires are connected to each coil pack rather then just one?

i thought our gaps were .44 and i replaced the plugs but still no bueno so now its the wires

I'm gettin a p0304 on mine evrytime, the #1,2,3 plugs are white and the #4 is carboned up. My timings fuckd from me playin with it tryin to tune it with camgears and Integrals and MP3 comp advance fire.

I'm having a cylinder 3 misfire right now and i just bought new plugs march. If the plugs the issue i don't know why it's life period is so short. With the coilpacks, wouldn't two cylinders be misfiring since two of the boot wires are connected to each coil pack rather then just one?

Timing?

-----------------------------

Symptoms may include:
the engine may be harder to start
the engine may stumble / stumble, and/or hesitate
other symptoms may also be present
CausesA code P0301 may mean that one or more of the following has happened:

Faulty spark plug or wire
Faulty coil (pack)
Faulty oxygen sensor(s)
Faulty fuel injector
Burned exhaust valve
Faulty catalytic converter(s)
Running out of fuel
Poor compression
Defective computer

-----------------------

I didnt notice any change in driveability, car was not harder to start or anything like that. Tank was full to the top of gas. Im leaning towards a dirty EGR, or Cat. Plugs are about 5000Miles old, and are NGK Iridium step colder.

Any other ideas?

Back