CX9 AC keeps blowing

I got the same problem on my CX-9 2009 and they replace one relay on my initial complain where the AC in front is the one keep blowing. Few months later the rear AC keeps blowing air after I turn off the engine. They replace the relay too that controls the rear AC blower. Now I notice something, when I use heater NO air blowing on the rear upper AC (even I sellect to blow either upper or both upper and lower AC).

Now that my warranty expire, should Mazda fix this issue for free since this is related to the original complain I made back in Dec 2011? My warranty expire last Jan 2012.

Thanks,

AB

Melmonta, welcome to the forum. Alot of folks on here have had the blower problem, simple fix to replace the relays with re-designed ones.

If you read through this CX-9 forum, you will see a lot of useful tips and problems people have had and perhaps some more of your questions will be answered in the future as well.

Good luck.

Glad to hear it, Caustic. I had the same problem but with the front blower, had both frt and rear relays replaced. I wasn't worried at at thanks to Mazdas247, but had I been an uninformed owner, I would have been freaking out man. The power of this community is really something to behold.

I've fixed so many things thanks to online information it is insane. How did we ever get by 15 years ago?!? lol

First occurrence at 67,000 miles yesterday.
Thanks to all the info here, I went over to my Mazda dealer and got the two relays. Good news is that the price is they are now $5.31 each. Also the PN G115-67-730 part number has been replaced by an even new replacement number L1Y1-67-730. The relays are now black again.

If Mazda is watching this forum....
listen Mazda guys, you should pro-actively replace those defected relays
on any vehicles that come through your dealerships. That is what Lexus would have done to keep
customers from experiencing the problems. (i.e. fixed it before it happens). This causes very little
(as said, parts cost about $10, labor is just a few minutes) to your bottom line but make owners
one less issue to know about or experience.

If anyone knows the updated part numbers for these can you please post them? There are two. One for the front blower and one for the rear. If they are the same then awesome. Can someone let us know if they are the same or not and what part number they are? Thanks!!

I had the rear replaced by the dealer a couple years ago, but now the front is doing it (staying on).

EDIT:

They are both the same from what I found after googling it a few times. They are on the 3rd design of relay apparently so I just ordered two to replace both with the L1Y167730 relay.

Last edited:
Mazda should be taught a lesson for this.
It is just replacing two poorly design relays.
Mazda should have offered to fix it pro-actively.

Also the PN G115-67-730 part number has been replaced by an even new replacement number L1Y1-67-730. The relays are now black again.

X2. The new relays have the L1Y1-67-730 part# on it. The old ones (original OEM) were labeled tyco.

Hi, I experienced the same problem. It has been several years. I didn't take care of it since the $tealership wants $$$ just to diagnose. Is the lawsuit still going on? Mine is 2008. How's other experience in getting this fixed? Thanks!

Back