CX-9 Weathertech mats

eliwett

:
Mazda CX-9 grand Touring
Does anyone know of the mat configuration for the Cx-9 is the same for the 2012 and 2013 model year? Weathertech only lables them as 2012 model and dont list a 2013 model. The say they dont know if the 2012 fits a 2013. if anyone knows, let me know! thanks

If I were a betting man, I'd say they were the same. But, I would be safe and let someone with a '13 speak up.

I have them in our 2012. There weren't any chassis changes between '12 and '13, so the floor mats should be the same.

For the price of the mats, I wouldn't "bet"; I'd call WeatherTech and make sure. I think it's unlikely there's a difference--but I do know that the leather surfaces are different, so the interior isn't *exactly* the same.

I think the OP already tried contacting them and couldn't get a definitive answer.

So hear latest. Weathertech would not commit to saying they fit. I called my local Mazda dealer and they said the 2012 factory mats are different than the 2013. So I would assume that is why Weathertech doesn't list them as fitting the 2012. I gues I will just buy the factory mats. Cant believe I am paying about $300 for a bunch of rubber! Thanks to all that commented.

So hear latest. Weathertech would not commit to saying they fit. I called my local Mazda dealer and they said the 2012 factory mats are different than the 2013. So I would assume that is why Weathertech doesn't list them as fitting the 2012. I gues I will just buy the factory mats. Cant believe I am paying about $300 for a bunch of rubber! Thanks to all that commented.

Why don't you just wait a few months. I would think WeatherTech would update their product. If you are going to spend that kind of coin, get a quality product; from what I've read the factory mats are subpar.

Here's a link to the site where I buy all my Mazda Accessories and Parts (at a discount)- MedCenter Mazda Parts/Accessories

It's the parts department of MedCenter Mazda in Birmingham, Alabama. They have the front set of All-Weather Mats (2) for $74.82 and the Rear Mats (4) for $119.05, FREE Shipping and no Tax, so it would be about $194 for the entire set.

Regardless of whether you go with the Mazda All-Weather Mats or wait for the WeatherTech, I highly recommend the Rear Cargo Tray from Mazda- LINK It folds up and down with the 3rd row seat backs and it also allows access to the hidden compartment under the cargo floor (assuming the 2013 still has the hidden compartment).

I had a 2011 CX-9 with the mats. When I got the 2013 CX-9 they fit perfectly. No problems at all.

Just bought a 2013 CX-9 AWD GS. I can confirm that it does have the hidden compartment under the cargo floor. I'm very much wanting the 0000-8D-N03 cargo tray that works with the 3rd row up and down, but can't get confirmation that it will fit the 2013 from my dealer. Many sites only list large (0000-8D-MZ2C-9) and small (0000-8D-MZ3C-9) cargo trays. Is anyone able to confirm if the 0000-8D-N03 fits in the 2013 model? Thanks in advance!

I just checked with the website where I buy ALL of my Mazda Accessories and they show the same part number, 0000-8D-N03, for the 2007 thru 2013 models. I emailed them to get a definite confirmation and they will respond to me by 10 or 11am tomorrow. It's actually a Mazda dealership located near Birmingham, Alabama (MedCenter Mazda) and they operate a website that sells Mazda OEM Accessories and (by request) most OEM parts at a significant discounts. I've been doing business with them for over seven years and I'm very pleased with their service, knowledge and prices. I'll post a confirmation here as soon as I hear from them tomorrow.

I have a 2012 CX-9 and I have the Rear Cargo Tray. I highly recommend it to all CX-9 owners. If you only buy one accessory, it should be the Cargo Tray! My CX-9 replaced a 2007 Ford Explorer (the worst vehicle I've ever owned, it had 134k miles on it and I had spent OVER $7k in repairs after the warranty expired....including a few things that had already been replaced one time under warranty....biggest POS in the world!)...sorry, my blood pressure jumps to stroke level at the very mention of that thing!!!

Anyway, in the Explorer you had to choose either a cargo mat that fit behind the 3rd row or one that fit behind the 2nd row with the 3rd row folded down. I got the larger one, which covered the folded 3rd row, but if I needed to raised the 3rd seatbacks I had to find a way to roll the mat up causing it to start tearing from the edges. When it was rolled or folded to raise the 3rd row, it blocked the rear window completely and rendered ethe cargo area behind the 3rd row completely useless!!!

The Mazda Cargo Tray for the CX-9 is very clever in comparison and I can't imagine why every other company with a 3-row SUV/CUV hasn't copied it! It's three separate pieces, one attaches to the each of the two 3rd row seat backs and the other covers the cargo area behind the 3rd row. When you fold down the 3rd row seats, there is a flap that expands to cover the gap that would exist otherwise and allow stuff to fall down into the cracks! I couldn't live without it! =)

I'll let you know when I get a definite answer on whether it will fit a 2013 model!

Very much appreciated IgoZoom. I did see that your link included the 2013 model. The parts dept at my local dealer didn't seem sure. Looking forward to hearing the verdict!

I have a '12 and while waiting for service at the dealership I checked out the '13. the floor plan is exactly the same. So yes, '12 mats will fit perfectly in a '13.

PM me if you are looking for a weathertech rear cargo liner that covers the 3rd row seat. I just traded in my mazda and have one I need to sell. I'll be putting in on the classifieds soon.

The Mazda 0000-8D-N03 cargo tray does work in the 2013 CX-9. There is a gap on the left side that provides a bit of access to the bin there, otherwise fit is perfect. Pics attached.

Attachments

• IMG_00000072.jpg
    IMG_00000072.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 364
  • IMG_00000073.jpg
    IMG_00000073.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 292
  • IMG_00000075.jpg
    IMG_00000075.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 253

Latest posts

Back