CX-9 Tailgate Lift

geost44

CX-9 Tailgate Lift - Power lift gate will open using transmitter or dash mounted switch. BUT will not close. Lights flash normally, gate moves an inch or two then 2 beeps and it returns to full open and stops. There are no obstructions and all areas including gate are clean. Manual refers to sensors on the gate but I don't see anything that would sesemble a sensor.

Any suggestions?

CX-9 Tailgate Lift - Power lift gate will open using transmitter or dash mounted switch. BUT will not close. Lights flash normally, gate moves an inch or two then 2 beeps and it returns to full open and stops. There are no obstructions and all areas including gate are clean. Manual refers to sensors on the gate but I don't see anything that would sesemble a sensor.

Any suggestions?

I think the sensors are those two black square-ish gizzies about halfway down the gate and the jamb. Clean them out (they seem to collect junk) and clean the pegs on the gate. Couldn't hurt.
Seems to me if the gate is only coming down two inches that something else is the problem, though - probably the motor.
Are you under warranty?

2008 may still be under warranty depending when (date) it was bought or what mileage it has.

3 year or 36000 miles which ever comes first.

Latest posts

Back