CX-9 Picture Thread

here is my wifes 2007 CX-9 GT Silver/Black

cx92.JPGcx93.JPGcx9.JPG

still need to tint front windows and order the roof rails

New wheels and tires on my 2010 CX-9 GT!

Wheels: KMC D2
Tires: Yokohama Parada Spec-X P265/50 R20

download.iml

image.jpg

Last edited:
Here is my 2012 CX9 loaded up on my Trip from Everett, WA to Wichita, Ks.
Got around 10 or 12 miles per Gallon on average went thru WA, Oregon, Idaho, Utah, Wyoming, Colorado, and Kansas.
Crossing a few mountain passes with no issues.
Have the same issue with BSM whenever I'm pulling the bike trailer and think it is trailer entering the field of view for the BSM.
I just check my mirrors more then usual when pulling the trailer and bikes.
Did a trip from Wichita to San Antonio to drop off two of my bikes back at the house and then back to Wichita with empty trailer.
The car has done really well on all trips pulling the trailer, gas mileage does suffer but that is expected.
John
Eastbound-1.jpg
Denver Run.jpg

Nice! Any more pictures of the trip with cx-9 loaded up? What kind of mileage did you get? 8-10mpg?!

Last edited:
Nice! Where did you get your draw bar for your hitch? Weight rating? The one I bought for mine has a really small tongue weight of like less than 300 lbs, which it looks like your tongue weight was likely more than that.

Here is my 2012 CX9 loaded up on my Trip from Everett, WA to Wichita, Ks.
Got around 10 or 12 miles per Gallon on average went thru WA, Oregon, Idaho, Utah, Wyoming, Colorado, and Kansas.
Crossing a few mountain passes with no issues.
Have the same issue with BSM whenever I'm pulling the bike trailer and think it is trailer entering the field of view for the BSM.
I just check my mirrors more then usual when pulling the trailer and bikes.
Did a trip from Wichita to San Antonio to drop off two of my bikes back at the house and then back to Wichita with empty trailer.
The car has done really well on all trips pulling the trailer, gas mileage does suffer but that is expected.
John
View attachment 204829
View attachment 204830

Here is what I have on my hitch, it is a adjustable Hitch for up and down. The Kendon trailer likes to be level and a drop or straight Hitch does not work on the Mazda. Had same issue on my Truck that caused the back end of the trailer to be up in the air.
Tongue Weight is 500 bs.
I purchased this one from Auto Zone I believe.
http://www.curtmfg.com/part/45812
Trailer Weight is 400 Lbs
Bike Weight is about 600 Lbs
Other items on the trailer are about 200 Lbs
Total is around 1200 to 1300 Lbs.
Here are some better pictures of the Hitch and trailer hook up.
Added a couple more for a closer look at the Hitch and receiver.

Nice! Where did you get your draw bar for your hitch? Weight rating? The one I bought for mine has a really small tongue weight of like less than 300 lbs, which it looks like your tongue weight was likely more than that.

Attachments

• CX-9 Trailer-2.jpg
    CX-9 Trailer-2.jpg
    469.7 KB · Views: 308
  • CX9-Trailer 1.jpg
    CX9-Trailer 1.jpg
    566.5 KB · Views: 361
  • hitch 2.jpg
    hitch 2.jpg
    949.9 KB · Views: 203
  • hitch1.jpg
    hitch1.jpg
    1,022.3 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:
2013 CX9 GT

lightbox

Custom Red Plasti Dip

lightbox

lightbox

Let me know what you think!

Mazda Enthusiast of
2009 Mazda 6 GT
2013 Mazda CX5 GT
2013 Mazda CX9 GT

Thanks! We really love it... and surprise surprise, got our license plates in the mail today, just 3 days after purchase!

Hi All. Intro post. This is the wife's new 2009 GT AWD. Got it about 2 weeks ago with 78k on it from the dealership I used to work at. It's got nav, bose, rear camera, bsm, and dvd. I come from a ford family and drive an expedition so to keep a vehicle kinda in that family is nice. It's our first Mazda and the quality is much higher than I remember Mazdas being. Love the ride and size.
85e31405-d325-450e-96d4-8dbedf1db225_zps1dfc5147.jpg

a0bc1d44-2a03-49bc-9213-aa3f27738100_zps1f7d0fd6.jpg

hi everyone, here's a shot at Salt River Canyon east of Phoenix

Attachments

• DSCN3084.JPG
    DSCN3084.JPG
    194.6 KB · Views: 267
Here is our '14 Grand Touring with Tech Package, Sand Interior in Zeal Red. Lovin' it so far!!
attachment.php

Looks nice! Congrats and welcome!

I wanted the sand interior, but couldn't find it in the configuration I wanted and I was too impatient to wait.

Back