CX-7 Generation - How Old Are You?

Jordan Sparks or Tony Bennett? Just how old are ya?

• 16 to 24

Votes: 44 15.8%
  • 25 to 34

Votes: 113 40.6%
  • 35 to 44

Votes: 54 19.4%
  • 45 to 54

Votes: 44 15.8%
  • 55 & OVER (or, too old to remember how old you are)

Votes: 23 8.3%

• Total voters
23 here. First 'new' car I've ever bought with my own $$$. Kinda scary. I had driven a manual V6 Passat so I had a challenge finding an automatic that I felt had as much pep.

38 here... i like the cx7 because it has the cargo space i need for guitars & amps and it still looks cool-ish.

Last edited:
what is the target anyhow?

I'm 40, married with two kids 19 and almost 21. Almost 21 is my daughter who still lives at home and 19 is my son who's a PITA and usually lives somewhere else...

They are going for the active lifestyle group... camping, hiking, kayaking.

So you need room for stuff.

Howdy all!

Greetings,
We just picked up our 2008 CX7 GT on Friday the 21st. 350 miles and we LOVE it!! Black Cherry (SOOOOO HOTTTT) with the tech package. I just turned 45 and my wife is 48. I've seen a few here on Long Island, but it's not like every other generic SUV out there. It's SMOKIN HOT!!

Greetings,
We just picked up our 2008 CX7 GT on Friday the 21st. 350 miles and we LOVE it!! Black Cherry (SOOOOO HOTTTT) with the tech package. I just turned 45 and my wife is 48. I've seen a few here on Long Island, but it's not like every other generic SUV out there. It's SMOKIN HOT!!

Nice color choice (yippy) - Welcome!

They are going for the active lifestyle group... camping, hiking, kayaking.

So you need room for stuff.

28 going on 29 this Xmas.

this is exactly what persuaded me to buy this. Especially camping and hiking. I was going to upgrade my MX6 for a fully loaded one, but fell in love with a fully loaded 7. The Black Cherry Mica on the tan leather interior was TOO sexy on the 7 to look away. And that plastic cover thing in the back is perfect to putting all the dirty hiking or camping equipment on.

Best decision ever!

28 going on 29 this Xmas.

this is exactly what persuaded me to buy this. Especially camping and hiking. I was going to upgrade my MX6 for a fully loaded one, but fell in love with a fully loaded 7. The Black Cherry Mica on the tan leather interior was TOO sexy on the 7 to look away. And that plastic cover thing in the back is perfect to putting all the dirty hiking or camping equipment on.

Best decision ever!

Wow! Another BCM! Congrats!

53 and on my 12th Mazda. CX-7 nice and curvy like my 52 year old wife (nice headlights too!).

46 and driving Mazda's since 12 years. Three Kids, one dog, one wife.
Just picked up yesterday my CX 7 in Switzerland...there are only a few driving around here so far. Hobbies: Canoeing and historical reenactment

46 and driving Mazda's since 12 years. Three Kids, one dog, one wife.
Just picked up yesterday my CX 7 in Switzerland...there are only a few driving around here so far. Hobbies: Canoeing and historical reenactment

Welcome! Start a new thread and tell us about your new "7".

I'm 22 years old (will be 23 in June). I've been married for a year and 3 months, no kids, just a cat.

I have a theory: I'm betting that the average age of a CX-7 owner is higher than Mazda was targeting with this marvelous and unique vehicle.

We are long-time Mazda owners (5) and chose the CX-7 as what will probably be our last "new" car. The plan is to ZOOM-ZOOM into our "golden years". (wrc)

BTW... I realize that Sparks' first name is spelled "Jordin", but I just love the river.

I know Im late to join this forum, but I disagree with you... only because I had the benefit of seeing the poll after a substantial of responses had accumulated.. hahaha

Anyway, Mazdas target was 25-35 group, and over 40% on this poll show that.... :)

I dunno, it seems more active to me... but we're a more tighter knit group there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Traded a Mazda for a Mazda

I traded my 2006 Mazda6 S Hatch for a 2008 CX-7 AWD Sport last week and while i miss my 6 i LOVE my CX-7. My 6 gave me a lot of problems but i am a true mazda fan and gave it another try. Love it!! The cx-7 is a 6 with AWD. Makes me imagine that i bought a Speed6. Wanted white but the one that was at the dealer was sold so i bought black on black again (I'm a sucker for washing the car). I just fit in the popular demographic and have NO REGRETS about buing the cx-7. The manual mode is no stick like my 6 was but its a nice alternative...

Back