2017~2024 CX-5: What am I doing wrong here?

:
23 CX-5 Premium
My understanding about the operation of the memory seat on the 2023 model is that once the key fob is programed to the seat, it's supposed to reset the seat to the correct position when the door is opened with that fob in proximity. The closest I've come to that is when I open the door (and the seat does not reset), if I hit the open button on the fob the seat will then reset. I have tried numerous times to set the fob to the seat using the instructions in the manual and this is the best I get. What's wrong with this picture?

MY understanding was the seat was supposed to move to the corresponding fob setting when the drivers door was unlocked with either the fob or pushing the rubber button.

I can't even get the seats to set to the proper position when I hit the number on the side of the seat.
It's always off from where I set it. I end of having to re-adjust the seat then hit save and the seat#.
Next time it's off again.

So in other words, if the door is unlocked (ie sitting in the garage) the seat will not adjust when another driver opens the door without hitting the appropriate seat button or the unlock button on the fob? That couldn’t be right, could it?!

So in other words, if the door is unlocked (ie sitting in the garage) the seat will not adjust when another driver opens the door without hitting the appropriate seat button or the unlock button on the fob? That couldn’t be right, could it?!
This is how it works on my 2020, must manually press something, it's not proximity activated.

it will only adjust to the fob if the door is locked and you use your fob to unlock your door. ie say your wife was driving and had the seat adjusted for her. you then need unlock the door with your fob for it to change seat adjustment. just having the fob won't do anything

it will only adjust to the fob if the door is locked and you use your fob to unlock your door. ie say your wife was driving and had the seat adjusted for her. you then need unlock the door with your fob for it to change seat adjustment. just having the fob won't do anything
Or, I assume, as wong01 above stated, pushing the rubber unlock button on the door handle. This is so lame. My wife sold a BMW Z4 to get into this and that car had a system whereby all you needed to do was pull the handle with the appropriate fob in your pocket/purse and the seat would adjust to the preset. Regardless of whether the door was locked or open. How difficult would that have been for Mazda software engineers to replicate; another line of code?! Sometimes it amazes me the opportunities that are lost in designing these cars!

What is the point of having an "advanced remote keyless entry" if you have to manually trigger the fob to activate the seat memory?!:(

BMW is not Mazda. Different manufacturers and models of cars will do things differently. They will also design and implement their features differently, including keyless entry.

The best way to get design changes considered, as a consumer, is to contact Mazda directly via their website to submit suggestions for future Mazdas. No guarantee that they will implement your suggestions, but it's better than nothing.

The seat and the key fob each have their own memory.
After you have set the seat and saved it to the seat's memory (the numbered buttons on the seat), you must also save the seat settings with the fob one more time.
When you open the door with the key fob it will use the seat settings from the key fob.

Strictly speaking the settings are not stored IN the key fob, but somewhere in the car. The car recognises the key fob while unlocking the door and adjusts the driver's seat.
The same applies to the second key fob. With two memory settings for the seat itself and two memory settings for both key fobs you can actually store four different driver's seat settings.

Back