CX-5 upgrade to .367A caused front camera sensing system fault

I'd upgraded from version Fred.0.Flintstone to 70.00.21 with no problems, using AIO tweaks to fix a couple of niggles (lockout!). Was frustrated with lots of bugs with Carplay, like relentless crashes. So bumped up to 367A.

All went fine -- except I've now lost some forward sensing camera system functionality.

It manifests as three amber warning lights in the dash ... Smart Brake Support (SBS/SCBS), Lane Departure Warning (LDWS) and Adaptive LED Headlights Warning. The camera system itself is still partially working it seems (rain sensing wipers, traffic sign recognition).

Anyone else had this problem?

I did a re-install of firmware, reset ECU, rebooted, turned off everything I could in Connect, etc etc. Left battery disconnected for a few hours...

I'm not sure if it's the firmware update itself or the fact that when I do a firmware update it drains the battery almost flat (solenoid barely engages if I try start). There is a TSB that describes this identical behaviour at https://testing-public.carmd.com/Tsb/Download/131817/SI117886:
DESCRIPTION
Some vehicles may experience a SBS/SCBS, LAS/LDWS and/or ADAPTIVE LED headlight /HBC warning light on with the DTC U0155:00 stored in memory. The warning lights may stay on while these functions are deactivated.
DTC U0155:00 - Communication error to instrument cluster.
This concern may be caused by faulty Instrument Cluster software. To eliminate this concern, the software has been modified.

My VIN is higher than the TSB refers (JM6KF***...), and to do this fix requires booking in to a dealer to get in special kit and probably lots of dollars. So not keen on that.

Any silver bullets?

Curious, when you went to .367A did you lose AIO Tweaks?

You may want to try rolling your F/W update back to something earlier than .367A.

Yeah tweaks went, will restore later. May have to roll back (hopefully still have the prepared USB from previous upgrade still in centre console.

So no silver bullets then, I guess. Will get hold of OBDII reader to see if clearing the fault fixes anything.

.355 is the last version where tweaks work. After that version its not possible to install.

So interesting update. It appears the problem was not the firmware installation at all -- it was that during the firmware installation my car battery (which was working fine but getting a bit old) would run down quite badly, I'd need to give it a charge before starting.

But the low battery voltage caused the configuration/calibration of the forward sensing camera system to become corrupted, causing all the warning lights. Started even getting an airbag warning light. Gah! Flippin' cars with flippin' carploads of software and un-reslient electronics...!

Got a new battery, and things have returned to a more of a normal, but I had to send my car to Mazda dealer to redo calibration... which was not done as technician had to go home to self isolate after COVID exposure.

So I'd rolled back to 355, let's see if the tweaks will work otherwise I'll roll back to .21.

Annoyingly .355 seems fairly buggy, lots of Carplay crashing.

Back