CX-5 Sport - rear cup holders?

All good for airbags, thanks
f96ec65d.jpg

Looks like another quirk between countries as the UK Sport has 2 cupholders in the fold down armrest in the centre seat. Still doesn't match my Land Rover Discovery (LR3 for the US types!) which has 13 cup/bottle stowages.......

...Agreed, no fast food in any of my cars.
LOL No any kind of food in my car :)

Touring also has 2 cup holders in the back if armrest is down. The doors can only be used for bottles, definitely not cups of anything.

what bugs me about all the cup holders -front and rear are its vertical cone-shaped angle.
front:
ry%3D400

rear:
ry%3D400

the reason being they don't hold down certain containers well due to the wide opening, resulting in rattling or potential spillage. the water vessel & thermos noises during turns were annoying.

front fitment with soda can & water bottle:
ry%3D400

rear fitment with water bottle at an angle:
ry%3D400

(the soda can is there to show fitment only.)

also, several of my containers that i was intending to use -such as a nissan thermos or a kor water bottle- don't stay upright.

i've looked into cozys and different kinds of containers and think a good workaround would be to create a diy "devo" style/stair step cozy with velcro so it can adjust to any container size. the goal is to have proper support on the top portion of the cup holder so it stays put. i haven't seen anything like this on the market so when i have the chance i might have to make something like that on my own.

Last edited:
Back