CX-5 Photos - Share your shots with us!

You tell a dealer not to wash and then you end up with 2-3 teenagers buffing the dry paint as hard as they can without wax with wide strokes using partially soiled towels. That's literally a nightmare to me.
I was in Baja last year and watched a roving car washer for hire ply his trade at a local strip mall. People would pay him to remove Baja dust from their vehicles (in one case a brand new Nissan Altima!) with a dry rag, stopping every so often to shake out the rag. For a car guy, it was a truly horrendous thing to witness!

^ You guys are making me cringe with the dry car wash effect... Fortunately my local Mazda dealer treats cars to a better hand wash than some.

I literally just called my service advisor back to tell her again not to wash the car... lol. She probably thinks I'm crazy.

I have to tell every dealership I've ever been to not to put that awful tire goop on the sidewalls.

My Crystal White CX-5 about a week after taking delivery and having driven to Scotland on a family visit. It's a bit grubby after a 600 mile drive in crappy weather.

<iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/aimless_alliterations/13734737653/in/photolist-mMPTSM-mMPP14-mNDb8Q-mVG7ZB/player/" width="500" height="334" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

It was slightly grubbier when I got back, but the Gen-3 Glasscoat I opted for seems to be working quite well and much of the muck simply washes off in the rain so it seems to be a pretty good option as an after-market paint protection solution.

Last edited:
Here's my 2013 MGM touring with factory 19's and some freshly installed H&R sport springs.
CX5 2.JPGCX5 1.JPG

Looks great. Any issues with the camber? Really want to do this, but worried about what issues might be introduced.

No issues at all. They did the alignment the same day as the spring install but I don't buy into springs settling much after installation, they did drive it around a bit prior to alignment. All four corners are within spec for both toe and camber.

The ride quality is great, a bit on the firm side compared to stock but the improvement in cornering in high speed sweepers is incredible for just a spring change. I am extremely happy with my decision to install the H&R sport springs.

Looks great. Any issues with the camber? Really want to do this, but worried about what issues might be introduced.
Full disclosure here, I had the same concerns and waited more than a year while gathering intelligence here before pulling the trigger and installing H&Rs a month ago. Alignment results vary a bit from car to car. My right rear has a little more negative camber than called for. Nothing serious, but I am going to try swapping the springs side to side (this is pretty easy on the rear end) and having the alignment rechecked next week to see if this makes any difference.

Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum. I traded in my 2008 Evo for the 2014 CX-5. I needed better MPG. I'm glad to be part of the CX-5 family!
attachment.php

attachment.php

Hi Ashkid,

Welcome. I think you'll be happy with the change to the CX-5. I recently made the switch from a 2010 MDX and am loving the change. In fuel alone, I am saving 40% between no longer needing to fuel with premium and the better gas mileage.

BTW, where did you source your LED DRL's mounted over your fogs? Are you happy with them? Did you do the install yourself?

So finally finished pimping the wee! wifey's new cx5 took me a while but got there, was not a big fan of standard looking cx5 but with a few shuttle changes anything's possible Im V happy with the way it's looks now I was planning on lowering it 2 inches but undecided as yet I plan to carbon fibre wrap the roof and the door mirrors wifey's not to keen on the wrap still working on her with that project. Sorry guys could not upload pics properly

Attachments

• DSC00123.JPG
    DSC00123.JPG
    248.6 KB · Views: 618
  • DSC00127.JPG
    DSC00127.JPG
    343.9 KB · Views: 498
  • DSC00121.JPG
    DSC00121.JPG
    293.6 KB · Views: 453
  • DSC00124.JPG
    DSC00124.JPG
    155 KB · Views: 421
  • DSC00120.JPG
    DSC00120.JPG
    353.6 KB · Views: 454
So finally finished pimping the wee! wifey's new cx5 took me a while but got there, was not a big fan of standard looking cx5 but with a few shuttle changes anything's possible Im V happy with the way it's looks now I was planning on lowering it 2 inches but undecided as yet I plan to carbon fibre wrap the roof and the door mirrors wifey's not to keen on the wrap still working on her with that project. Sorry guys could not upload pics properly

jdm brake caliper? or a cover

Chepo brembo brake covers ebay 2 covers glued together to make a full calliper cover but they will a space between the join... 2 inches or so to make it look real. 8 calliper covers in total 4 large for front 4 small for rear.

Attachments

• 2M2S.jpg
    2M2S.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 462
Hi Ashkid,

Welcome. I think you'll be happy with the change to the CX-5. I recently made the switch from a 2010 MDX and am loving the change. In fuel alone, I am saving 40% between no longer needing to fuel with premium and the better gas mileage.

BTW, where did you source your LED DRL's mounted over your fogs? Are you happy with them? Did you do the install yourself?

Thanks Canuckle. Yes i'm definitely noticing the difference in fuel ups. The DRLs i got professionally installed. I had them install so it's 50% with regular DRLs and 100% when lights are on. I'm very much happy with them!

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=206923&d=1397274907

Last edited:
eh I wanted to do something about the brakes/calipers but I'm not down for imitation parts.. to each his own.

Back