CX-5 Photos - Share your shots with us!

Here's a few more

2038_4137435510811_1437054653_n.jpg

http://www.zoomzoomnation.com/web/new/Mazda-CX-5-2013-Countryside-IL/5197815/

Only $33,5k Meh....

Finally got a chance to take some pictures of my 3 wk old Metro Grey AWD Touring. (Before the winter weather comes.)

DSC_2933.JPGDSC_2932.JPG

Finally got a chance to take some pictures of my 3 wk old Metro Grey AWD Touring. (Before the winter weather comes.)

View attachment 200043View attachment 200044

That looks really good!

I would have gone for grey but for my experience with my 1990 (I think) Subaru AWD wagon that was grey. It was like I was invisible and people were always pulling out in front of me. They would often pull out so close I would need to stomp on the brakes. Total camo under grey skies and pavement background. Of course the Subaru wagon was a much smaller car and it had flat, angular body surfaces like a stealth fighter so probably the grey CX-5 will not fare as poorly.

Let us know if it seems like more people are pulling out in front of you as if your car didn't register.

Yeah - I've own light grey in the distant pass (323 actually) and it seemed sometimes like people didn't see me. That was a much smaller car so I'm hoping that the bigger car will make it less of an issue. I've noticed that the w/ the Mica paint that the color tends to shift from a dark grey to blue grey depending on the sky color.

IMO the metro gray (a dark metallic) looks much better than common and plain silver. DRL's (standard on NA CX-5's) are important for safety/visibility with gray colors

When I was doing my research I looked all around for any CX-5 in Metro Gray so I could see exactly what it looked like. I struck out, there wasn't a Metro Grey (in any configuration) sitting on a lot within a 120 miles. So I ended up getting one from a dealer that had one coming in with the contingency that I could pass on it if I didn't like the color. I ended seeing one in a parking lot about a week before my car came in. I stopped and got out to check it out. I'm glad I went w/ that color.

I am they only met grey in my area, most of them are white, one base black and a blue GT.

I like my met grey but i really dig the white.

When I was shopping for a car this time, I was appalled at the limited color palette offered by most masss market auto manufacturers. Just about everyone offered the same black/grey/silver/white/red/blue slection; often with two greys or two silvers and the occasional sea green. BORING! In the midst of my search, I noticed that if you stood on a busy street corner and blurred your eyes, there is virtually no color in the automotive landscape. When did this happen? I guess I just wasn't paying attention. Why are manufacturers being so conservative these days and, more importantly, why are consumers tolerating this dirth of color? Is it a reflection of the economy? Having driven a silver Nissan pickup for the last 5+ years, my garage (and my soul) were crying out for a little sizzle with the next steak. For me, Sky Blue Mica was a no-brainer, with Zeal Red a distant second.

When I was shopping for a car this time, I was appalled at the limited color palette offered by most masss market auto manufacturers. Just about everyone offered the same black/grey/silver/white/red/blue slection; often with two greys or two silvers and the occasional sea green. BORING! In the midst of my search, I noticed that if you stood on a busy street corner and blurred your eyes, there is virtually no color in the automotive landscape. When did this happen? I guess I just wasn't paying attention. Why are manufacturers being so conservative these days and, more importantly, why are consumers tolerating this dirth of color? Is it a reflection of the economy? Having driven a silver Nissan pickup for the last 5+ years, my garage (and my soul) were crying out for a little sizzle with the next steak. For me, Sky Blue Mica was a no-brainer, with Zeal Red a distant second.

yup, I think you might have a point there, with colors and the recession. A nice bright color in a recession could look a bit flash. Citroen always have a couple of nice bright colors, and Audi have an extended range of colors but I didn't want either of their SUV's! I'll be swapping my light silver green for the lighter of the two silvers. A least mazda are getting rid of the darker grey and blue and putting an extra red in. Can't say they need another white. They look lovely but get dirty really quick around these parts!

At least I'll still have a bit of color on my drive!
View attachment pink sirion.bmp

Last edited:
Here are some shots of my 2013 Black Mica Touring AWD I got last month.

401334_10100265786583460_1184628954_n.jpg

mazda1_zps19236c09.jpg

mazda2_zps09ea9ebe.jpg

407914_10100284124963200_2030144715_n.jpg

This was my old 2009 Ford Escape that was lost during Hurricane Sandy:

front.jpg

154487_10100272497135460_1279586607_n.jpg

Latest posts

Back