CX-5 Photos - Share your shots with us!

well.. after about a month of deliberation I decided if I am spending money for looks, then I am not going to compromise. So I went with 22" :)

Initial review after a bit of city and highway driving is that yes there is a small difference in ride comfort, but its still much much better then what my previous sports car was. As for MPG, I figured I can compensate for the extra weight by driving and accelerating a little slower. So far in city driving I have only lost .5 MPG. (Not sure about highway yet)

For the trade off of driving slower and a slight rougher ride I think its well worth it. I catch myself every morning staring at my own car like an idiot before heading to work... consequently boss man wants to know why I am all of sudden 5 mins late to work every day last week... hahahaha :p

With Tech & Bose package

20120825_151729.jpg

20120825_151721.jpg

Here is mine...took her camping the other weekend. Down a 5-mile dirt road on a ridge that ended at a river...nothing extreme except the very last 1/4 mile where we were on two wheels on a rut. She handled well, gotta love the AWD on the rocks too. The Toyos surpassed my expectations, also.
3461hn9.jpg

And she was loaded down too...me and the wife, the two year old and the one month old, the tent, a cooler for food and one for drinks, 6 blankets for padding (we didn't have an air mattress), three chairs, the baby's bassinet, the shotgun, the pistols, and a camelbak loaded down. Also, that pile of rood on the right was gone by morning. I think we plan on doing this again in September some time.

Now I remember why its called Lost in the Woods....beautiful country up there 92FOX..... I think you downplayed the terrain though, I know from personal experience that neck of the woods has very little flat, so I am taking "nothing too extreme" to mean you seldom exceeded a 40 degree slope....LOL

Here are pics of my new Metro Gray GT:

IMG_1686.jpg

IMG_1690.jpg

IMG_1685.jpg

IMG_1705.jpg

IMG_1663.jpg

IMG_1678.jpg

I was originally going to go with Sky Blue. But then I saw the Metro Gray sitting in the sunshine on the dealer's lot and I just had to have that instead :)

Did you have your front/side windows tinted?

Yup, the rear windows and hatch are factory tinted (I think its standard for Touring and GT models). I had the dealer tint the two front windows, though they are a bit lighter than the rest due to Texas law.

Two Texas motor laws that I don't like are the tinting limitations, as mentioned, and requiring front license plates.

BTW, it looks like you and I both purchased our CX-5 from the same dealership!

Yup, the rear windows and hatch are factory tinted (I think its standard for Touring and GT models). I had the dealer tint the two front windows, though they are a bit lighter than the rest due to Texas law.

I wish Texas could change the tinting limitations, as mentioned above, and requirement for front license plate... Our CX-5 would look so much sharper without the front plate

Can I ask details about the window tinting ? What percent ? My metro grey GT w/tech is due in approx two weeks and I want to do the front windows also..I have never tinted windows before. Thanks

Hello everyone, does anybody have the sand color interior that could possibly post a picture? Thanks.

This is my first tan interior and I like it. I was only looking for the black interior to start, but then saw the black and sand color combo and really liked it.

SBin2.jpg

SBin1.jpg

Now I remember why its called Lost in the Woods....beautiful country up there 92FOX..... I think you downplayed the terrain though, I know from personal experience that neck of the woods has very little flat, so I am taking "nothing too extreme" to mean you seldom exceeded a 40 degree slope....LOL

HAHA yeah I know what you mean...but seriously it wasn't bad at all until the last 1/4 mile when we were closer to the river. Had to go through a gully that was a dried out creek or overflow from the Big Piney, then around a turn/down a hill that was washed out, which is where we were on 2 wheels the first time we went down there...we found a better line down on the second and third trips to the spot.

92FOX- I now feel better about my 17's since you did this on your 19's.....I have just the FWD, this tends to get me in enough trouble, but not enough that you AWD'ers cant give me a hand.... Glad to hear that the 8.5" ground clearance gives you a good run on the trails, there are too few things that ground clearance cannot get you out of... ask any helicopter pilot..... Happy camping and enjoy your time in the beautiful Ozarks, even if your day job gets to you.....or takes you away for a bit...

I wish Texas could change the tinting limitations, as mentioned above, and requirement for front license plate... Our CX-5 would look so much sharper without the front plate

Agreed!

That's awesome! I was almost about to buy from Jeff Haas, but Performance Mazda was eager and more willing to provide a good deal. I was able to do the final negotations directly with the GM by phone. Definitely recommend going to them if you're in the Houston area!

Can I ask details about the window tinting ? What percent ? My metro grey GT w/tech is due in approx two weeks and I want to do the front windows also..I have never tinted windows before. Thanks

I think the installer used 35% film on my front windows. As the thread that Andy linked says, your installer should be able to check what percent your glass is from the factory and then put the right film based on your state's law.

I didn't put any additional tint in the rear windows. I'm guessing they are 20% from the factory.

Back