CX-5 modelyear

FiveCX-5

:
Mazda CX-5 Skylease Tech Pack FWD Crystal White Pearl MY2014
I wonder, on this forum,when I read about buying or having a CX-5, people said often I have a 2013 car..........is this the car you bought in 2012 or 2013 ? So when I buy a car in the Netherlands....... in january or december 2014 it is a 2014 car and not a 2015 model................

I cannot speak for everyone, but in the US market and probably elsewhere, the manufacturer specifies Model Year for the version. It typically falls near the calendar year, but it can vary due to early releases and such. I have seen next year's model released mid-summer of the current year and so forth. I remember Chevrolet skipping the 1983 model year for the Corvette as the 1984 model was such a monumental release. There are probably other similar examples. I hope this helped rather than confuse the issue.

The seem to do half year releases also so the new model arriving soon is 2014.5
Actually, Mazda has abstained from using the ".5" designation on successive iterations of the CX-5 and that is why they are nominally one year ahead of the rest of the market. Crazy!

Actually, Mazda has abstained from using the ".5" designation on successive iterations of the CX-5 and that is why they are nominally one year ahead of the rest of the market. Crazy!

So the model arriving in the next month or 2 is not the 2014.5?

So the model arriving in the next month or 2 is not the 2014.5?
Well Mazda didn't call the 2014 the 2013.5, so I doubt they will call the latest batch of running changes the 2014.5. My question is, how are they ever going to get out of this nutty cycle if they don't start using model year nomenclature that has some basis in reality?!

I wonder, on this forum,when I read about buying or having a CX-5, people said often I have a 2013 car..........is this the car you bought in 2012 or 2013 ? So when I buy a car in the Netherlands....... in january or december 2014 it is a 2014 car and not a 2015 model................

The manufacturer specifies a "model year" for a car. I bought a 2014 CX5 in 2013. To say its a 2013 would be inaccurate from an engineering and sales standpoint.

Under the hood there is a sticker that notes the "MY" - model year.

I haven't heard any news about the 2015 yet, while the 2014's were released about this time last year. So it seems they're extending the life of the 2014 MY a little bit with a minor refresh, and the 15's will come along later in the year.

The manufacturer specifies a "model year" for a car. I bought a 2014 CX5 in 2013. To say its a 2013 would be inaccurate from an engineering and sales standpoint.

Under the hood there is a sticker that notes the "MY" - model year.

I haven't heard any news about the 2015 yet, while the 2014's were released about this time last year. So it seems they're extending the life of the 2014 MY a little bit with a minor refresh, and the 15's will come along later in the year.
That would help rationalize the situation, but I'd still rather have them refer to the refresh as a 2014.5.

In the UK we picked ours up yesterday after placing the order in November, the car is just as it was when we drove the demonstrator, so no changes that we could see. If there's a change coming, it's not here yet, our car arrived in the country Friday 10th.
Very happy, except we couldn't see how the I stop works ??

Back