CX-5 Middle Armrest Upgrade?

Answers

How does it fit? Is it thick enough to make a difference? I"m getting tired of ordering accessory items from Korea which turn out to be a disappointment and are essentially non-returnable.

I was hesitant about this for your reasons, but was surprised. It adds over two inches to the height. It takes a few seconds to install. It fits securely over the OEM. The storage bin remains accessible. Took less than two weeks to arrive. Makes a huge difference.

I was hesitant about this for your reasons, but was surprised. It adds over two inches to the height. It takes a few seconds to install. It fits securely over the OEM. The storage bin remains accessible. Took less than two weeks to arrive. Makes a huge difference.

Guys come on, pictures are a big help in these threads. it doesn't have to be great quality a crappy cellphone picture is good enough. Thanks.

I agree; picture would be nice. 60mm (2.45") sounds almost too thick. Be nice to see how it looks in CX-5 interior. MATR6: that's not the same product.

CX5 Armrest

That is different; it is a leather wrap that you have to upholster over the armrest. Also, a picture from a customer is usually a better indicator than the stock photo (which in the case of the other thread is a photoshop. You can't even tell how it really looks because you can't see the rest of the interior).

You might want to try this link:

http://www.AutoChic.com/armrest_booster.html

I got one and it is very comfortable and looks great.

I agree that the center armrest is pretty useless. I have to lean to the side if I want to use it.
For those who shelled out the extra cash for the leather interior, don't you think the center armrest should have been leather as well?
Or at least a leatherett material instead of the rubbery plastic?

I was sitting around in the new mazda 3 and noticed that the armrest is different..it might be longer in length because there's a slight over hang for the driver's side. Our center consoles though look very similar so I'm betting it will fit. I'll have to go measure it out at the dealership and see what the deal is.

2014-Mazda3-interior-seats-02.jpg

Got tired of waiting for someone to come out with an "ideal" arm rest, so I decided to take a chance and order this https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)
which, BTW, comes in black if you order it off one of the company's other ebay web pages. all the same product, just marketed differently for different cars. Will post pics of what it actually looks like in my Touring's black cloth interior when I get it.

Hi paris1,

How did the armrest cover work out? I am looking for something similar and you may have hit a winner.

Thanks in advance for your searching!

It's not a "cover", but a 2 3/8" thick pad that goes on top of your existing armrest. It works fine and is no doubt the best thing available at this time. No regrets.

To me, the door arm rest it too low too. If I would add that pad on the armrest, then I would have to add something to the door's rest too.

To me, the door arm rest it too low too. If I would add that pad on the armrest, then I would have to add something to the door's rest too.
Good point, but for me the center armrest was the bigger issue. It helps, but it's far from perfect.

I had a rental until they repaired my CX and it was a '13 Mazda3. On that car both arm rests were at the right level, on our CX are much lower. I don't understand, why they did not rise these arm rests? My seat is at the lowest position, I believe for shorter people, who are sitting with a higher seating position it's even worse.

just bought my wife a 2015 mazda6, ill take a look at the center arm rest to see if it will fit in the cx5.

Back