CX-5 in the Mountains

mtruman

:
2013 CX-5 GT AWD
We spent the weekend hiking in Vermont this weekend. It was an absolutely perfect late winter weather and the hiking was amazing, but I think I had almost as much fun with the drive. We headed from RI to VT in the middle of the noreaster that was hitting this area on Friday. Cars were sliding off the road in front of us but the CX-5 was solid as a rock. Driving Rt 100 and 103 through the mountains in Vermont all weekend was pure joy! I've had the CX-5 for almost 2 months now, but this has been the most fun by far. I was really sorry to have to come back home yesterday - I could drive these roads forever. Here's a shot of the CX-5 in its natural element - at the end of a 4 mile snowy dirt road getting us to the trailhead safe and sound. It looks great when it's clean and shiny, but it sure looks good like this too!!

cx%2520pic.JPG

Very nice! I went snowboarding in NH this last weekend and the drive to the park was pretty fun. Love that it feels like a small car driving around the mountains. Looking forward to do a couple of trips to Vermont this summer.

Just drove my CX5 aka Roxane to Lake Placid and back for spring break. Hit all 4 season of weather while there and on the road between there and Ottawa. Average fuel with my GS 6 speed manual was 6.9 / 100kms. Much better than my previous Mazda 5 of 9.9 / 100 kms! Those Gislave Nord Frost Ice tires are awesome!

My 2.5 CX-5 rocks in the Rocky Mountains. Love it.
Truly great car for living in Denver & having a wife and baby girl. Almost like it was made for us. Sounds silly but really fells like it anyways.

We drove over a range last weekend that took us just over 7000 feet. Was a pleasure to drive up and come back down.

My 2.5 CX-5 rocks in the Rocky Mountains. Love it.
Truly great car for living in Denver & having a wife and baby girl. Almost like it was made for us. Sounds silly but really fells like it anyways.

How is it going up Floyd Hill and Vail Pass?

Back