CV Replacements

lokalmotive

:
1989 Honda CRX
Anyone know where I can find replacement CV joints for the MSP besides the dealer? I can't find them at any auto parts shop. Even something remanufactured will work. I'm just tired of the clicking!!!!

As a suggestion you may want to contact a Mazda recycling company (Mazmart or Mazda Recycling) they may have a used part available or an assembly at a lower cost.

Mazmart
(800) 221-5156

Mazda Recycling
(800)926-5900

chaos2015 said:
they are the same as any other 2.0 protege
For some reason I dont think so. I am not really sure about that though. I was under the impression that the msp had beefier axles.

alexB said:
For some reason I dont think so. I am not really sure about that though. I was under the impression that the msp had beefier axles.
no they are the same, there is no different listing for the msp just 01-03 2.0 protege

same

Actually the axles ARE different. They are 24mm in the MSP and 22mm in the 2.0 Pro. Ask THEMAN he will know for sure :)

Last edited:
Another option is to have the oem's rebuilt. Trust me you do not want to go to a parts store and have them give you the wrong ones. There is a place in Tampa called Mike's Driveline that rebuilds CV shafts. I learned about this service the hard way after buying a set from an autoparts store, putting them in, and ended up with a shot transaxle shortly afterwards. How many miles do you have on yours now?

The axles are different. I replaced one of mine last year with a junkyard part since part stores do not carry them and even the Mazda parts network was on back-order. A good source for junkyards is car-part.com A lot of times the mileage will be listed.

DAWIV said:
Another option is to have the oem's rebuilt. Trust me you do not want to go to a parts store and have them give you the wrong ones. There is a place in Tampa called Mike's Driveline that rebuilds CV shafts. I learned about this service the hard way after buying a set from an autoparts store, putting them in, and ended up with a shot transaxle shortly afterwards. How many miles do you have on yours now?

I don't really have a way to have my OEM's rebuilt because this is my only car. If I take them off they need to go right back on ASAP. I have 56,000 miles on my car and these are the original axles. I found some that might work but I'm not sure after hearing that the MSP axles are different than normal Protege axles.

Back