CV joint (covered under powertrain?)

:
2018 Mazda CX-9 GT
Anyone know if cv joint falls under powertrain warranty (from what i read it does, but is there limits to what is covered?) I have a 2018 GT awd w/ about 41K, just had engine replaced due to cylinder head issue, had overheating light come on again last Friday. had it towed in to dealer. They sent video from mechanic showing inner cv joint leaked around the seal of the boot, somehow shot grease/lubricant on the water pump belt, caused it to come off. (if it's not one thing, it's another).

I have a conspiracy theory but I'll save that for off topic. Did you immediately stop running the vehicle after the overheat warning? Running for extended period of time might harm the block.

I have a conspiracy theory but I'll save that for off topic. Did you immediately stop running the vehicle after the overheat warning? Running for extended period of time might harm the block.
back in January b/4 I knew about the cracked cylinder head, I pulled over & stopped multiple times (drive short distance stop for a while, then continue again). the temp would fluctuate a lot, but would stop just b/4 going into red. What should of been a 20 min trip, took about 1 hr. Since dealer is fairly close to home, drover there next morning 1st thing.

This time around i was a couple miles from work, so limped it in to office & called the dealer. they recommended a flatbed service that they use. Called them, & had it towed to dealer (told tow company to bill dealer for it, which didn't seem to be an issue). they gave me a loaner, still waiting to get car back as they needed to order parts

back in January b/4 I knew about the cracked cylinder head, I pulled over & stopped multiple times (drive short distance stop for a while, then continue again). the temp would fluctuate a lot, but would stop just b/4 going into red. What should of been a 20 min trip, took about 1 hr. Since dealer is fairly close to home, drover there next morning 1st thing.

This time around i was a couple miles from work, so limped it in to office & called the dealer. they recommended a flatbed service that they use. Called them, & had it towed to dealer (told tow company to bill dealer for it, which didn't seem to be an issue). they gave me a loaner, still waiting to get car back as they needed to order parts
did you at least turn the heater on? not that this will help much with the water pump not turning because of the lost belt, but...

Just some suggestion.
In the future, for any other car you own, don't limp it anywhere...try to pull over, stop the car, call AAA and have towed to your local mechanic, and get a rental. Some time off work costs a lot less than a new engine.

Back