Custom Subwoofer Enclosure Feeler

mp520

:
02 Protege 5
Guys:

I'm new here, but I've had my Protege 5 for about 4 years now. I've fabricated a really nice enclosure that fits perfectly into the driver side panel in the hatch. No usable hatch space is taken up, and the light is still accessible. It's a perfect mold of the inner panel, and the woofer fires straight out into the hatch. It houses a single 8" subwoofer, and it really slams! I did one in a client's car, and have decided to replicate it for myself. I didn't get any pics at the time, seeing as I only had the car for the day and the client was sitting around waiting!

I'll have some pics up soon, but I was wanting to gauge everyone's interest and see how many of you may be interested....

The enclosure is a combination fiberglass/mdf construction, and will be carpeted black to match the rest of the hatch..

I know, I know, where are the pics.... The enclosure is still being finished, and I anticipate completing it this weekend..

I've been installing professionally for the last 12 years, so I can assure you the enclosure will be of the highest quality...

Just let me know what you think regardless...

Thanks, and I look forward to meeting all of you guys.

Last edited:
Hey, what's up dude? You may wanna check out the georgia forum (saw ur from ATL). Welcome to the club! We (the "other" ga ppl, me not as often as I'd like) hang out fairly often, and if u need a hand w/ anything on ur car, 1 of us will more than likely be glad to help.

You have my attention, so ............... I take it that it is free air? How many cubic inches is the enclosure?

if you can tell us the cubic feet and the weight of the enclosure. also how hard would it be to make one for the pass side. pics would be great (spin) (spin) (spin)

This is a nice enclosure:

Bump for pics :D

Attachments

• Sounds-04.jpg
    Sounds-04.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 213
  • Sounds-03.jpg
    Sounds-03.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:
Dang thatd be right up my alley.

L8R: How do you access the light housing. I assume the subenclose pops off?

Subbing for pics and more info - will likely be getting an 8-10" sub in the next couple of months.

Nice. I am ready to get rid of my stupid box and get something like this. Anything similar for 10" subs, and any price quotes?

Back