Custom Exhaust

boogerburns

:
2013 Mazda2 5spd
So I had a custom exhaust put on yesterday. From the front cat back. 2 1/4 inch pipe vs 1 3/4 inch stock. Kooks muffler, and a chrome tip finisher.

Link to the Muffler: http://www.jegs.com/i/Kooks+Custom+Headers/579/R250-14/10002/-1

2014-04-18173454.jpg

2014-04-18173503.jpg

2014-04-18173858.jpg

First Start-up video link

Last edited:
Very nice! Can you get some sound clips of driving by/driving around/getting on it/etc?

Also is that a sound cancelling(internally baffled) or sound absorbing(uses a packing material like fiberglass or steel wool type stuff that occasionally will need repacked) type muffler?

Last edited:
@flatlander937 I'm pretty sure it's internally baffled. @chumlet - thanks
Very nice! Can you get some sound clips of driving by/driving around/getting on it/etc?

Also is that a sound cancelling(internally baffled) or sound absorbing(uses a packing material like fiberglass or steel wool type stuff that occasionally will need repacked) type muffler?

I just noticed that you're down in Birmingham. I'm up in Huntsville, myself. Perhaps we'll cross paths at some point and compare notes.

@bigbluedart I love hockey, and would like to come up there to see a game, maybe we can meet up there?
@scoobs thanks, more to come. I'm in Mexico right now for work, and will be back Saturday. So look for more soon after.
I just noticed that you're down in Birmingham. I'm up in Huntsville, myself. Perhaps we'll cross paths at some point and compare notes.

What size is the tube from the cat flange to the stub inlet on the muffler ? pic's a bit dark in that area hard to tell ?

Shaun.....

Back