Custom Evil M rear badge

:
Mazda CX-5 2106.5
I searched for an Evil M badge for the 2016 Mazda CX-5 but didn't find a whole lot, seemed that people weren't making much of them for the CX-5 so I decided to pull the trigger and go for it myself. I'm very pleased with the way my custom Evil M rear badge came out. Wasn't bad at all to do, took my time with the proper tools. Used a hair dryer, dental floss, plastic trim removal tools, WD-40 and Goo Gone to remove the badge and adhesive. Next I measured everything out, taped up where I wanted to cut off the excess badging and then used my rotary tool with a preferred glass/stone disc. Used 3M emblem adhesive to place it back on.

Attachments

• Mazda Evil M 2020 1.jpg
    Mazda Evil M 2020 1.jpg
    310.9 KB · Views: 332
  • Mazda Evil M 2020 2.jpg
    Mazda Evil M 2020 2.jpg
    374.2 KB · Views: 328
  • Mazda Evil M 2020 3.jpg
    Mazda Evil M 2020 3.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 355
  • Mazda Evil M 2020 4.jpg
    Mazda Evil M 2020 4.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 370
Looks nice! But damn I wish there wasn't that slot there from the original badge, it makes it look like something is missing.

But still! Awesome job. I know they do sell these on aliexpress or ebay but damn you literally cut this yourself. I wonder if plasti dipping it would help with the look, the contrast might help.

Thanks again, really appreciate it. I thought of plasti dip or a spray can finish of another color but I’m a sucker for chrome. If I blacked out the whole CX-5 then definitely.

I combed eBay and had no luck on finding an Evil M for the CX-5, none on AliExpress that I could see. I "all" the Evil M that are made by companies up to this point are for the Mazdas with the flush rear panels.

Back