Current Selling Price for CX-9?

:
2024 Toyota GHH MAX
2016 Mazda CX-5 GT (Wife)
1990 Miata (Zoom Zoom!)
So, I noticed we did not have a stickied thread for this yet.

Have a friend looking hard at the CX-9 touring FWD with Premium Package and Towing.

Looks like TrueCar lists MSRP around 39K and he's hoping to get it to 35K before tax, tags, etc.

These are now available at dealerships, so please post up your experiences!

Thanks!

Have a friend looking hard at the CX-9 touring FWD with Premium Package and Towing.

Looks like TrueCar lists MSRP around 39K and he's hoping to get it to 35K before tax, tags, etc.

Thanks!

this thing's been out for less than 3 weeks. I'm going to guess the selling prices at this point are pretty close to MSRP.

Thanks!

That just isn't going to happen. I doubt he'll be able to get more than 1k off + whatever rebates he might qualify for. They just came out, and Mazda usually doesn't knock money off of their cars like Kia and Hyundai and Ford does.

That just isn't going to happen. I doubt he'll be able to get more than 1k off + whatever rebates he might qualify for. They just came out, and Mazda usually doesn't knock money off of their cars like Kia and Hyundai and Ford does.
I don't know that I'd make that blanket statement about Mazda--I got my '12 CX-9 for $6,000+ below MSRP, under invoice. Sure, there were incentives involved. But I agree, no way in hell for a newly released model.

My friend has time to wait and is testing out other makes/models.

Figured this might get stickied so we can see how the pricing goes from this point forward.

He's always loved the Mazda6 also, so he might even go back to a sedan.

I don't know that I'd make that blanket statement about Mazda--I got my '12 CX-9 for $6,000+ below MSRP, under invoice. Sure, there were incentives involved. But I agree, no way in hell for a newly released model.

From 2010-2015, there was typically a $4,000 rebate and about $2,000 mark up from invoice to MSRP. There's your $6,000 savings.

Mazda's trying to get away from that. Time will tell if the 2016+ model bucks the trend.

Now is not the time to expect a $5,000 discount.

this thing's been out for less than 3 weeks. I'm going to guess the selling prices at this point are pretty close to MSRP.
Yep, my dealer says MSRP only right now, no more, no less...

Alright, I’ll be first to belly up to the bar. I purchased a soul red Touring with Convenience Package on Saturday. We love it!

I will say all of our “no haggle pricing” (Twin Cities) dealerships are currently charging MSRP.

I wound up negotiating $1375 off of the price difference (MSRP less trade-in value). Technically they added all of that to the trade-in value. Aside from tax/title/lic there were no other dealer fees involved.

I received three separate quotes from dealers (including the selling dealer) for our trade-in – all were within $100 of each other. So to be clear, the trade-in value was negotiated to be $1375 more than this original amount.

As time goes on, I am sure there will be more negotiating room.

i was given an internet quote of $41414 on a GT AWD (MSRP $42870) which = 3.6% off MSRP but it is on an incoming vehicle supposed to arrive end of June. not sure if that is a bait-and-switch technique.

We were told every dealer in Utah was only going to get ONE CX-9 at this time, with no guarantee of color or designation. If your friend wants to get last years model (if they can find one) they would probably get a pretty decent price.

I believe he has decided this might be a bit big for him, but he would definitely want the new model over the old one.

I thought I would post my purchase details in hopes it may benefit others who are shopping for a new CX-9. I purchased a new 2016 White Snowflake Pearl Mica/Auburn Signature trim CX-9 yesterday. MSRP was $45,170 including shipping and wheel locks. My OTD price which included a $500 off owner loyalty bonus ( I have a 1994 Miata) was $46,061. Sales tax in my area is 6.75%. This works out to a purchase price of $43,148.48. (no additional dealer fees). All of the other dealers in the area were quoting MSRP or $500 off MSRP for Signature trim vehicles. I did not price other trim levels. Some will probably be able to do better but I am happy with the purchase. Good luck

I thought I would post my purchase details in hopes it may benefit others who are shopping for a new CX-9. I purchased a new 2016 White Snowflake Pearl Mica/Auburn Signature trim CX-9 yesterday. MSRP was $45,170 including shipping and wheel locks. My OTD price which included a $500 off owner loyalty bonus ( I have a 1994 Miata) was $46,061. Sales tax in my area is 6.75%. This works out to a purchase price of $43,148.48. (no additional dealer fees). All of the other dealers in the area were quoting MSRP or $500 off MSRP for Signature trim vehicles. I did not price other trim levels. Some will probably be able to do better but I am happy with the purchase. Good luck

thanks bubbadog - i think you got a decent price considering the limited inventory out there right now. enjoy your new car!

Does anyone know how long it takes for a special order to come in from time of order to delivery/pickup?

Wow!, That's the color my wife wanted and when my dealer was checking all over the east coast, all the signature versions were machine gray.(pissed)

Back