Current Engine bay pics everyone

Looking great sig but why is your bov so close to the tb and do you have any idle problems? It seems like the idle control motor would be less responsive with so much hose spanning to it??

The idle is great. Without the controller it will idle at 500 rpm with a slight lumpyness. The controller is set right now for 800 rpm idle and a very fast Rev down. Like a motorcycle. The fuel maps kick the decel cut back off around 1500 and are slightly more rich in the highest vacuum ranges. So basically my idle is just fine.

The BOV is so close to the TB because I am adding a water to air intercooler barrel after the fmic. That's the closest I could put it and still have room. There's no surge, but that might also be from the Turbo antisurge machining too??? Works good. I want to post up a video, but hate the flames that follow. Poor Miguel knows what I'm saying lol

BTW Shane: your new avatar is sick as hell. Stance looks nice! Did you get 3rd fixed yet? Is PAR taking care of you? I would like to know how they handle this since I will be a customer of them someday.

Stock engine bay, only mod is the HID ballasts and the Mazdaspeed3 oil cap.

Attachments

• IMG_0408.jpg
    IMG_0408.jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_0409.jpg
    IMG_0409.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 142
damn I can't believe they went back to the screw on oil caps. That's one of the biggest things I hate about my 3 is the oil cap is a cam-lock system, not the traditional screw on.

I have been trying to save money for the worst case and having to pay out of pocket. This is my daily and the whole reason I went all the way "bullet proof??" I just can't afford to not have the car for a week waiting on parts from Australia.

I have been driving without 3rd gear but hopefully only for another week or so before I can afford to pull it.

Steedspeed mani (replace cracked 4x welded thunder) and Pope 3" dp gb's sucked me in!

BTW Shane: your new avatar is sick as hell. Stance looks nice! Did you get 3rd fixed yet? Is PAR taking care of you? I would like to know how they handle this since I will be a customer of them someday.

+1....what does your engine bay look like ucmp3

There should be a post a few pages back with it. I'll post up a new one soon. Got some goodies coming in the mail today, and more on the way that will spice it up a bit. Nothing like most of the people's bays in here, tho. I should paint my valve cover at some point...

*Edit: Here's the post. Shield your eyes, it's dirty, lol.
Needs a good spring cleaning. And some new radiator hoses...

DSC00582.jpg

Last edited:
Back