Curb parking - touch and feel

I Parallel Park but being in TX the size is large enough for a F150 - me and my wife park a CX5 and Camry there - enough space for a mini cooper as well lol. Never felt any need for any camera. I use the lines in rear mirror and keep equal spacing from both edges.. It really couldnt be simpler and I am not a very good parallel parker mysel.f

I Parallel Park but being in TX the size is large enough for a F150 - me and my wife park a CX5 and Camry there - enough space for a mini cooper as well lol. Never felt any need for any camera. I use the lines in rear mirror and keep equal spacing from both edges.. It really couldnt be simpler and I am not a very good parallel parker mysel.f

Sure but a precision job can be done in much less time with upgraded tools.

Not really as the curved nature of the camera only helps with what is behind you. Not how close the curb you are. It was easier on my Mazda3 to guesstimate how close I was, but the land boat that is the CX-5 with 19" rims? That is another matter.

I came from a 3 too. It felt huge at first, but it gets easier.

Looks good. Personally I like to put the yellow line on top of the curb so the car touches the curb because I live in SF and streets tend to be narrow!

My question is in using the back up camera, how close can I get to the bumper of the car behind me without touching, is it the red line?

I believe the yellow lines are the tips of the side mirrors fully extended.

Reliability on such tools can become a crutch and also not make you aware of your surroundings. Not saying that aren't bad, but you should learn to crawl before you walk.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Pretty sure many of us have been crawling for some time. ;)

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

This thread is hilarious, can't you use your mirrors or do you still reach around the seat and physically look backwards out the back window.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I don't believe it is possible look out the back window to see the kerb and where your tyres are. Hence the comments about side camera/360 degree camera/auto tilt side mirror down.

Back