CSRT4- MS3's arch nemesis? The new car *long post*

Ironically I found the MS3's alecantra seats more comfortable than the CSRT-4's. I'm 5-11, 180, and sit perfectly between the bolsters. Caliber's seats were slightly wider with a bit less lumbar support IMO. Not bad, just not for me.

The big things I found better with the CSRT-4 was the powertrain and interior volume. I also like the styling but my wife thought it was a bit "loud" for the family car, lol.

Great car nonetheless.

congrats! I browsed the Dodge lot while looking for a replacement for my old Galant. Though, I don't think the design is that bad, it just wasn't to my personal taste. Had I chose it, I would have gotten past the looks soon enough.

Ironically I found the MS3's alecantra seats more comfortable than the CSRT-4's. I'm 5-11, 180, and sit perfectly between the bolsters. Caliber's seats were slightly wider with a bit less lumbar support IMO. Not bad, just not for me.

The big things I found better with the CSRT-4 was the powertrain and interior volume. I also like the styling but my wife thought it was a bit "loud" for the family car, lol.

Great car nonetheless.

Yeah the 2008.5 seats are nice. I just like the extreme bolstering on the CSRT4 seats. Feels like it's hugging you.

DAYUM.

I like the Caliber SRT-4. It looks so mean.

Lower that sucker and have a blast!

Why is this in the Mazdaspeed section? If I want to read about a Dodge I go to a dodge forum.

You weren't around when he had a Speed3 so maybe that's why you are a....not friendly person today?

Last edited:
I have a soft spot for Dodge turbo 4's after my NSRT. I loved that car - bullet-proof engine and tranny (although shift forks sucked), handled awesome with coils, and it was stupidly reliable at 400WHP.

I did test drive a CSRT when I was looking to replace the NSRT and it was a really fun car...except I HATED the electronic LSD. 1st through 4th at WOT, the car would not go in a straight line, it would weave back and forth the entire time. If it weren't for that LSD, I probably would have bought one.

Anyways, good luck with the CSRT, you'll have to update us with some pics when you drop and mod it!

not true

" It's much larger inside and out (which, for me, is a good thing)"
well i dont think this is so true since i have a MS3 and my brother-in-law has a csrt4 and the ms3 bigger. we seated the same people in both cars and there was more room in the MS3. plus the interior is crappy in the CSRT4 but thats my opinion

everybody just needs to chill the eff out. this is a CAR forum, not a FANBOY forum. thread is in the 'lounge' section, which is intended for this and any other kind of discussion in the world.

btw Glen, you change cars more often then women clothes ;)

lol- you don't have to tell ME that. ;) However this time was a bit different- it wasn't for the sake of just change/something new- I really DO need the space to haul stuff. When I owned my SRT6 we had 3 cars, and have since got rid of one to save money. Little did I realize something as fun as my SRT6 can be an inconvenience as a daily driver.

Thanks for having a level head about it and understanding that I meant to offer info about a similar car in the segment and how it directly compared to my experience with the MS3. (bow)

I like to read and learn about other people's first-hand experiences with different cars. I prefer certain brands but I still like to see whats going on with other cars.

Perhaps some of you that have a problem with threads like this should forgo hitting the "Post Reply" button and just continue onto the next thread. No one wants to hear your 2 cents on why you dont think this thread should be here so keep that crap to yourself.

Thread cleaned.

Enjoy the new ride.

Well, because LovinMyMS3 decided to act like a prick I looked into him and he was a previously banned member under a new user ID. So, because of no one's fault but his own, he's gone again.

Back