Cruise/Hang Out

Sveivo

:
2002 Protege5
Guys,

I was wondering if there is any interest in meeting this summer? I know it is tough for many of us to make time during the school year, but this is summer time :D.

I don't know Omaha that well, but I can get around decently. So please post if you'd be interested in meeting some time.

(peep)

I have my daughter every other weekend, on the off weekends I work Saturday, but am down for a gathering later in the day or even Sundays. Grew up in the area so just let me know where and when. It would be tougher for me to get there on a weeknight.
For that matter I could bring her with me if it were on a weekend she was here.
FOR SURE I'd like to put some faces with the names/avatars/signatures. I look forward to meeting anybody who wants to get together.(cheers) Especially some of you guys who know A LOT more about turbos than me (which isn't saying a whole lot).

Sounds cool! I usually work on the weekends myself. Let's see if someone else chimes in, and maybe we could agree on a time that works for all of us.

FWIW, I'm going up to FLASHBACK'S tonight. Anybody see the old guy standing by a red car, say hello.

Dim said:
FLASHBACK's? (RTM)
Sorry, should have been clearer.
FLASHBACK'S is a bar near 84th and Center Street in Omaha. Just south of the Theatre. Every Wednesday there's a kind of "show and shine". Generally all sorts of cars, Rods, Customs, Domestic and Foreign Sportscars, Antique cars, Motocycles etc. Something for every taste.
If your old enough, FLASHBACK'S generally has their grill going and they have a roped off area for outside beer consumption.
I only go up every month or so, but alot of people go every week.
Last night I got to see my first C6 ZO6 Vette up close. Also a brand new Pontiac Solstice was there with a MALLET LS7 conversion. Looked like nothing but fun on wheels. :)

Signal 2 said:
Sorry, should have been clearer.
FLASHBACK'S is a bar near 84th and Center Street in Omaha. Just south of the Theatre. Every Wednesday there's a kind of "show and shine". Generally all sorts of cars, Rods, Customs, Domestic and Foreign Sportscars, Antique cars, Motocycles etc. Something for every taste.
If your old enough, FLASHBACK'S generally has their grill going and they have a roped off area for outside beer consumption.
I only go up every month or so, but alot of people go every week.
Last night I got to see my first C6 ZO6 Vette up close. Also a brand new Pontiac Solstice was there with a MALLET LS7 conversion. Looked like nothing but fun on wheels. :)
Cool! I'd be interested in making it out there some time.

I live in Wahoo, NE with my parents :D. I hang out in both Lincoln and Omaha, and go to UNL :D.

Dim said:
I live in Wahoo, NE with my parents :D. I hang out in both Lincoln and Omaha, and go to UNL :D.
did you grad from wahoo. me and totalkaos both went to wahoo high school!!small world(peep)

BigBallin said:
oh, so i probably dont know you but totalkaos might.
how old r u? me and matt(ttlkaos) or 22 and 24.
I'm going to be 22 in the fall. I'm actually not from around here. I grew up in Russia, so I don't know anyone in Wahoo. I went to high school in Elkhorn, then in Lincoln :D.

So where do you guys hang out?

Signal 2 said:
http://www.nestreetscene.com/index.php?sid=1990ad1da890f216e8f49d0b6063f3dc
^You might want to take a look at this. After you register, go to the member list and PM a guy named bheiman, tell him what your driving and asked to be placed on the MAZDA user group. They've got a get-together planned right now in Omaha for the 29th.
Done! Thanks for the info :).

I'm still getting used to the forum. Is there such thing as "User CP" on there so that I can view my subscribed threads?

Dim said:
Done! Thanks for the info :).
Hey, no problem.
Dim said:
I'm still getting used to the forum. Is there such thing as "User CP" on there so that I can view my subscribed threads?
Sorry. I'm just an old guy who just likes to talk cars. No real forum skills myself. I only recently joined there and don't post much. Mostly I've been following the sanctioned racing stuff for AutoX. But most of the guys there seem pretty decent and around your age, so I figured you might like it. Hope you can hook up. :)

Last edited:
kitty_tinkers said:
ok so i just moved here to nebraska from houston tx.......is there anyone close to me???? im in crete.....
Some people from Lincoln on that local forum I linked Dim to. IIRC, one of them even drives an MSP.

Last edited:
Back