Cruise Control not working

Crash1hd

Hello,

All of a sudden awhile back just to add to the other problems (but not related hense a new post) the cruise control stopped working. I have a feeling its a fuse and by what I have read the fuse is in the passenger compartment. I just have no idea where. If anyone can explain where it is or show me with a picture I would be ever so grateful.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
its under the dash by the drivers side door. near where your left foot would sit when not on a pedal. there should be a label saying FUSE BOX. there is a tab at the top, press the tab and pull on that cover and there you are.

OK thank you for the reply's :)

It is a manual transmission. I found the fuse box but none of the fuses are labeled cruise control?

how do I check the clutch switch?

I read somewhere that I can set the car ignition to on position and press a certain combination on the cruisecontrol and some light in the dash will give me code to what the problem is any idea?

I think you will be able to start the car without depressing the clutch, if you can, its either stuck, broken or needs adjusted.

I thought mine was broken then I found the master switch that hides on the back of the others. Yeah it was a few weeks after I bought it so I was uneducated.

I will try the clutch thing. I tried the code test in the book hold down the acc switch and press the on switch for the cruise control it then blinks the cruise control light morse code it was 2 longs and 2 shorts repeated. The manual I have access to says that this is indicating that its the cruise control module (which sadly I dont have the cash to fix or the knowledge of soldering to fix)

Back