Crazee build

no you don't! you want to follow the link in my sig, and win that
i'll add some automagic rule changes to make it a little easier for you if you like :)

I appreciate it bro, but to be honest, it's all about bang for the buck.
$ and HP. Neither of which I have.
Tho conceptually, I love the NA challenge, anyone with the resources to try and chase that already KNOWS they should pick a more solid platform.
Believe me, I would love to see a FE3 swap and proper build up.

haha...dark side..dark side..dark side!!(rockon)

Turbo guys recruiting in the NA section again? ... hrmm. :p

No, no. I am willfully converting. (lick)
Just an evolution of the build...(headbang)

I appreciate it bro, but to be honest, it's all about bang for the buck.
$ and HP. Neither of which I have.
Tho conceptually, I love the NA challenge, anyone with the resources to try and chase that already KNOWS they should pick a more solid platform.
Believe me, I would love to see a FE3 swap and proper build up.

Noone's going the FE3 route..but there is some interest in KLZE swaps (big big ponies to be had)

Theres nothing overly wrong with our platform - just a few silly things that were overlooked when the motor was designed (short weak rods to start with...)

nothing that can't be fixed :)

lgBlack%20Money%20Pit.JPG

NA or a huge turbo build that fender mat is totally true!! I am willing to bet I have one of the top 5 protege's with the $ amt spent and not counting sponsor payment I bet I am in the top 2(No sponsors here!! )

Rob

NA or a huge turbo build that fender mat is totally true!! I am willing to bet I have one of the top 5 protege's with the $ amt spent and not counting sponsor payment I bet I am in the top 2(No sponsors here!! )

Rob

I don't doubt it! (yes)
I tallied what I've spent only thru paypal and had a heart attack.
Lots of updates on the AEM FIC piggyback in my other thread.

Right now I have major ride quality issues.
Just had new pass.drive shaft installed and alignment is wack.
Getting it aligned (again) tomrw. (Like the 4th time in 2 yrs/ 3 suspension setups?)
Braking is a joke as the steering wheel literally will jump out of my hand and car dives to the right.
D2 coilovers are a stiff ride, spacers are causing some rubbing.
AWR RSB is klunking again and the overall setup (AWR endlinks F & R) does not feel right to me. I really need better footwear.
It CRASHES over the bumps.
The rear fender is rattling like a mofo. So is the license plate holder. and my dash surround.

But that's gonna hafta wait. Cylinder head is on it's way to the machinist.
Must research head work info and get a detail of what work is to be performed.

They mentioned trimming or snipping the valve stems to match my twiggy cams. Anyone heard of this?

OK, update:

Cylinder head will be decked, inspected, valve and valve seat work at machine shop, in/exh port clean up at C & C Fabrication.
Setup for cams, adj cam gears, pulleys (UDCP, Alt, WP, PS).
Coil off plug conversion and 626 valve cover.
Update FIC firmware to Beta version. (See FIC thread for updates).
Need a WB to hook up.
Picking up set of P5 wheels locally (to be painted white).
Thinking about getting some quotes on powder coating.
My AWR links look like they've been undersea for eons.
Considering VC and wheels for coating too.

Prolly need a few things for cylinder head swap.
Got the gaskets for VC, crank pulley and cams.
I think I may want t-belt, tensioner and a fresh head gasket.
What else?
I need a tranny flush.

OK, update:

Cylinder head will be decked, inspected, valve and valve seat work at machine shop, in/exh port clean up at C & C Fabrication.
Setup for cams, adj cam gears, pulleys (UDCP, Alt, WP, PS).
Coil off plug conversion and 626 valve cover.
Update FIC firmware to Beta version. (See FIC thread for updates).
Need a WB to hook up.
Picking up set of P5 wheels locally (to be painted white).
Thinking about getting some quotes on powder coating.
My AWR links look like they've been undersea for eons.
Considering VC and wheels for coating too.

Prolly need a few things for cylinder head swap.
Got the gaskets for VC, crank pulley and cams.
I think I may want t-belt, tensioner and a fresh head gasket.
What else?
I need a tranny flush.

where did you order your belt and tensioner from? im going to pick those up before throwing my twiggy sticks in the car.

Sorry I'm just stuck on those numbers......at 90whp, that means you are losing almost 70% of your stock HP.....I don't know I guess I'm a tard.

Sorry I'm just stuck on those numbers......at 90whp, that means you are losing almost 70% of your stock HP.....I don't know I guess I'm a tard.

more like putting down only 70%, I dont think he would keep the car if he only put down 30% of what the car said it would lol

probably a lawnmower could beat him in a race then

Well not much to update, but here's a status report.
I need to keep a list going cuz there so much going on I lose track.

Cylinder head is supposedly at the machine shop now (that only took 2 months, grrr) I am having it cleaned and checked, inspected for damage etc.
  1. Valve and valve seat work, decked and then some PnP / port matching on int/exh ports. ($400)
  2. Set up for twiggy cams, kasmann adj.cam gears and installed.
  3. Also going in with cut 626 VC and Medieval Pulleys and RR UDCP.
  4. Got new accesory belts considering a new timing belt kit too (56K)
  5. Got gaskets for VC, Cams and crank, considering head gasket or new head studs.
  6. I would like to delete the EGR and get the 626 intake mani on too. (thereby deleting VICS and VTCS). Problem with that is stock fuel rail doesn't mount to it. I have 626 fuel rail and inj, but I would prefer we go with custom fuel rail.
  7. still got an exhaust leak
  8. Need to upgrade AEM FIC firmware to latest release and retune.
  9. Got a set of P5 wheels in nicer condition than mine. Gonna paint em WHITE for the Springtime!
  10. 1.8l coil-pack
  11. Tranny flush
  12. XM antenna fix?
  13. Find that damn RATTLE from the back!!

^^Can you use that as a long term solution or is it best to replace the valve cover with a full valve cover once you've dyno tuned the cam settings?

^^Can you use that as a long term solution or is it best to replace the valve cover with a full valve cover once you've dyno tuned the cam settings?

Yes this is permanent. The cut portion doesn't interupt the VC seal.
The important part for us is having the CPS mounting intact.
Otherwise u could cut it all off.

Yes this is permanent. The cut portion doesn't interupt the VC seal.
The important part for us is having the CPS mounting intact.
Otherwise u could cut it all off.

if you wanted to cut the whole thing out you could get creative - some of the honda guys I know use mitsubishi 4G63 cam sensors, which if my memory serves me correctly (it has been about 8 months since i last played with one of these engines) the cam sensor sits on the opposite side to the belts.

This would allow you to delete both the mazda cam sensor and crank sensor (4G63 does everything off cam position - sort of like an electronic dizzy in a sense)

issues would be a) stock ecu wouldn't work at all, you'd need to go 100% stand alone, and b) it'd be alot of f*cking around.

would make for a much cleaner engine bay though ;)

Back