crashed p5

Butlerg

:
2004 Strato Blue hatch
I can't say much right now...happened a couple hours ago...I'm still in shock...But I have an 02 Protege5 if anyone wants parts...I'll get pictures up. If anyone wants to buy the whole thing or parts...or can think of a way I can get as much money as I can out of it, that would be great...I can't believe this...no collision insurance as far as I know

Last edited:
DSC_0052.jpg

Ouch!
s*** man, hope you are okay...

There are tons of things I need though...

PM me your cell phone number.

OH WTF?!

Are you okay?!

What happened?

Looking for parts here too. Specially the clips that are by the dashboard light dimmer under the steering wheel by your left knee.

Sorry to hear man. I would like to pick up those door handles and side mirrors(just covers if possible?) though if they are sunlight silver.

- valve cover + bolts
- stock jack
- both o2 sensors
- a bunch of nuts and bolts for misc things
- driver side door panel
- SLS motor mount
- horn
- 1 piece from your suspension, but I doubt you would let me take that apart
- endlinks
- glove compartment

I know someone who may want the whole motor, the dash, rear windshield wiper, and the steering wheel.

Last edited:
interested in obx header if you have it.

reminds me of my mazda6 crash seeing your car in the condition its in

Physically unscratched. Mentally traumatized...basically shifting, and I hit loose gravel out here on the North Shore. Fishtailed into the other lane into oncoming traffic, and I did my best to avoid them. Only option left was towards my side, and once I made it, all that was on the shoulder was more loose gravel...Spun right into a 10 ft rock wall front end first, bounced around and spun smashing the back light, and bending the rear axle badly...

Tomorrow morning, I'm going to see if my mechanic neighbor thinks it's absolutely totaled if possible. Out of curiosity, "property damage" on my Geico insurance plan does NOT cover my car? I do not have "Collision" so I'm just assuming I'm SOL. Basic insurance for me.

As for parts, I will hopefully have an answer by tomorrow as to what I'm going to do with the car. This was my ONLY method of transport between Leeward Community College and out here at Sunset Beach, so I basically have no way now. And no money. So money is obviously a factor here, and I need as much as I can possibly get out of this car, and would parting out be the best method? Any idea how much I could actually get out of it if I sold it as-is or parts? It DOES start and run. I drove it about 150 feet from the road to my house.

Alot of the stuff probably is still good, so if I do decide to part it out, pretty much whatever you need and I have, you can buy. (The SLS motor mount is still boxed. I never used the replacement they sent me and it's just sitting here...)

Here's more pics. I can get more tomorrow if needed.

DSC_0058-2.jpg

DSC_0054-1.jpg

DSC_0053-1.jpg

DSC_0049-1.jpg

DSC_0047.jpg

DSC_0046.jpg

DSC_0045.jpg

DSC_0042.jpg

DSC_0040.jpg

DSC_0039.jpg

DSC_0038.jpg

DSC_0052.jpg

DSC_0036-1.jpg

Damn man, glad to hear your doing ok though. Get some rest and you'll feel better in the morning.

Man, i am sorry to read and see. After accidents, I am always shaken up. Just takes a little while to get over it. Dude, if you were in town, I would offer a ride to you... I know how hard it is when your daily driver is down, but at least it is a Friday? vs a Sunday night? You have the weekend to relax a little.

Smart move also by trying to avoid hurting someone else.

The only other way I can see you making money off of this is also posting this on craigslist.com

Glad to hear you are okay though.

Yeah, it might just be cheaper to fix it up, you did say you kinda drove it home right?

Yeah, but I honestly would have no idea where to start...All the mounts broke from first glance and the engine is resting on the frame...I literally had to be gassing it to the floor to make it go a few feet in reverse. I'm still trying to get someone to look at it, but I don't know many mechanics. ha

Yeah, but I honestly would have no idea where to start...All the mounts broke from first glance and the engine is resting on the frame...I literally had to be gassing it to the floor to make it go a few feet in reverse. I'm still trying to get someone to look at it, but I don't know many mechanics. ha

Man, you must have hit pretty hard then. I know I wrecked mine up probably about half that bad and im still driving it. Definatly cheaper to get it fixed if possible though. You feeling and better now that you got some rest man?

hah Yeah. I'm feeling better thanks ha...Realizing I was that close to death for myself, my friend, and others, and didn't get a scratch without a seatbelt, and without the airbags deploying, missing a telephone pole and oncoming traffic by 10 feet...mind blowing...if anyone is ever out here, and feels the need to be curious and see if it's worth a fix or not, they're more than welcome to come by. hah...Or if you just want to check it out. I can't find my neighbor, but i'm going to try again tomorrow. ha

Back