cpe tuning in northern nj

mitchellmtch

:
Mazda speed 3
Does anyone know any tuning places near north jersey, that can tune a mazda speed 3 using cpe standback. WIll drive a couple hours if have to

There's gotta be someone out here that can give you some sort of safe baseline tune that you can tweak....

there is a place by me in edison that does tuning called turbo trix racing

had a friend go there in his turbo'd galant. when he got the car back none of the windows would roll up/down, stereo wouldnt work, and countless other problems.

had a friend go there in his turbo'd galant. when he got the car back none of the windows would roll up/down, stereo wouldnt work, and countless other problems.

Don't kid yourself, that s*** probably never worked on his galant before that. It is a Mitsubishi after all. . .. (band2)

Don't kid yourself, that s*** probably never worked on his galant before that. It is a Mitsubishi after all. . .. (band2)

haha, exactly. the guy who runs turbotrix is a stand up guy (jeff hill). while it's true that a shop is only as good as the people working inside, i'd believe jeff would not stand for something like that IF it indeed was the case. hard to say though ; )

anyway, honestly, call jeff evans and talk to him about your setup. he's located in easton, pa which, assuming you are in the kenvil/stanhope/80W region, is only about an hour away. see if he'd be interested. he's the best tuner i've ever come across, hands down, end of story, and on top of that, he has a dynapack dyno which is AWESOME for tuning, as you can tune part throttle or any load condition with perfect consistency.

don't let the proliferation of honda tuning info on his site fool you, this guy is the best.

http://www.evans-tuning.com/

Last edited:
Just contact Laloosh. He Lives in Northern NJ and knows how to tune Ms3's with the stand back. You probably have to go on .org to talk to him though since he doesn't come on here.

+1 darksun is right find laloosh. or, get your dashhawk and start doing datalogs and find out where the car knocks and goes too rich/lean and slowly start making tweaks to your maps and get the car runnin right

+1 darksun is right find laloosh. or, get your dashhawk and start doing datalogs and find out where the car knocks and goes too rich/lean and slowly start making tweaks to your maps and get the car runnin right

Agreed...

Run low/normal boost and tune your AFR; log, tweak, repeat... get the right mixture going at WOT (4000rpm around 13afr, 5800rpm around 11.5afr)... After that, slowly raise boost, log, and pull timing where your knocking, repeat.

13afr at 4000 rpm? your nuts man this aint no BMw disi. I want 11.8 (11.5-12.0) at wot on my SB with some fuel added down low and timing pulled, then added timing up top with some fuel pulled. Tweak the MAF x-fer tables and dial in the fuel trims and go have fun. It's not hard to do if you have time

just remember if you add timing it leans you out.... get on .org like darksun said and read the standback tuning for dummies thread and you will understand how the s*** works in no time. Laloosh was even a beginner at tuning at one time and he didnt blow his car...

Last edited:
13afr at 4000 rpm? your nuts man this aint no BMw disi. I want 11.8 (11.5-12.0) at wot on my SB with some fuel added down low and timing pulled, then added timing up top with some fuel pulled. Tweak the MAF x-fer tables and dial in the fuel trims and go have fun. It's not hard to do if you have time

This is with a CX7... With colder plugs, this shouldn't be an issue... At stock, I was hitting around 12.4 around 4000rpm...

AFR.png

thank everyone for all the information and I am going to try and take a hack at this with a friend who can tune aem so I igure between the two of us we can figure it out

Back