CPE Tow Plate?

Evolved

:
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT
Is this product only for 3/MS3's? If not, does anyone have a picture of it on our cars? Thanks in advance!

i will be switching to this Tow Plate next month, i have a RHO Tow Plate but thats only because CP-E didnt have a design back when i was looking for one.. CP-E's is a higher quality product then RHO's

on the RHO lol.. its no good.. i put threadlocker on the bolt that goes into the tow bar and it wont come out, so therefore it moves every so often because i couldnt get a bigger lock washer on it.. it wont be up for sale unless i can get that bolt out.

I looked on the front of our cars last night, and I'm guessing it goes on the lower drivers side portion of the lower fascia? We don't have the bumper mounted tow hook like the MS3's....

I looked on the front of our cars last night, and I'm guessing it goes on the lower drivers side portion of the lower fascia? We don't have the bumper mounted tow hook like the MS3's....

its actualy in the lower front honeycomb piece in the top right corner if ur looking at the front end. look there and ull see what im talking about.

Anyone have a pic on a Speed6?? Might actually have to do this if it looks right....

mine shipped today and is expected to be here on the 27th ill have a pic then if no one posts one by then.

Anyone have a pic on a Speed6?? Might actually have to do this if it looks right....
Here you go. and for those that are skeptical because of the price, take my word its worth every penny. just like boosted i had the RHO plate but this is far superior
DSC00386-1.jpg

IMG_0281.jpg

I've been wanting to do this mod, I think it's a great look. Just wondering though, for the cp-e off-set plate, you can still have a license plate frame right? And another thing, what did you guys do with the existing holes left on the front of the car? Any plugs or covers for them?

And another thing, what did you guys do with the existing holes left on the front of the car? Any plugs or covers for them?

I've seen somebody on this forum with a VRM Speed6 with plugs in the holes; can't remember who it is. It doesn't look bad at all.

-Jay

Last edited:
...You know, now that I think a little more about it, it might be the gentleman with the handle "VRMS6". Not entirely sure, though...

I've been wanting to do this mod, I think it's a great look. Just wondering though, for the cp-e off-set plate, you can still have a license plate frame right? And another thing, what did you guys do with the existing holes left on the front of the car? Any plugs or covers for them?

if you look closer you will c i have the holes plugged. its just one of them the paint is peeling.

Those look like they would be perfect. I like how it comes painted with the option of "Black Mica Metallic (Mazda)" so I'm assuming it will be a perfect match. For $24.95 it's not too much, but with tax, shipping and CAN currency its not cheap lol, concidering your buying 2 plugs.

I did lurk that thead though, which took me to another car forum (non-mazda) that showed self made bumper plugs. I'm sure they won't be as good, but for $0.35 cents per plug? Almost worth a try...

EDIT: Just worked it out, total comes to $41.10 (CAD) shipped... wow lol.

Last edited:
installed my tow plate today.. its sooooooo much nicer then RHO's.. the pics i took came out really dark so ill have to snap a few tomorrow.

Boosted I will be by CPE tonite to pick one up...Stopped by earlier today but forgot my wallet... Got to look and handle one and dayum its a quality piece...

Back