COTA March 2, 2013

Perro del Sol

:
2003 MSP, Spicy Orange, 2004 Mazda 6 Hatch, 2004 Mazda 6 Wagon
We will be hosting a Mazda Corral at the Circuit of the America's March 1-2, 2013 for the Rolex series. We have preliminary pricing of $59 for the weekend. We are looking into camping, hospitality and other lodging. We will have parade laps on the entire course for all Mazda owners in attendance.

We will post up a flyer once we have all of the information confirmed.

COTAMAZDACORRAL_zpsc5f5fb65.jpg

Parade laps will be Saturday, March 2 at 9:00am. Our corral is located at Turn 1, Lot P.

I'm a little confused on this as I've never done the car corral thing before. But seeing as this race is in my hometown where I live (Austin) and I obviously drive a Mazda, what difference is there in buying tickets through y'all versus through COTA's website since it's the same price and both allow access to pit walks and likely autograph sessions from the drivers?

I'm a little confused on this as I've never done the car corral thing before. But seeing as this race is in my hometown where I live (Austin) and I obviously drive a Mazda, what difference is there in buying tickets through y'all versus through COTA's website since it's the same price and both allow access to pit walks and likely autograph sessions from the drivers?

you don't buy tickets "through us" - the tickets are always bought directly from the track. We just organize the corral and work out the pricing details and the corral location at the track and forward the information to you so everyone's on the same page, information wise. I'm waiting to hear back from the track to get the link for purchasing the tickets. I haven't looked at their website yet, but as long as you purchase tickets for the "mazda corral" you'll be good to go as far as parking with us and being able to drive in the parade laps. As soon as I hear back later today, I'll post up more details.

Also, we have exclusive access to the Mazda Teams and drivers! You do not have to wait in line for pictures and autopgraphs, we have paddock tours and private meet and greets. We also give out goodie bags with Mazda swag and a lot of other items as well. You also get to meet other Mazda owners and we'll have an exclusive designated area for Mazda owners to park their cars.

In!

I was going to the race, and googled like crazy and never found this post. So I called COTA directly and started putting out the word today on all the Texas Mazda and Miata websites I know.

As far as tickets, what I was told is we have Turn 1, section 4. Our corral is outside of T1. I was asked to have people call into Nick at COTA at 512 536 1464 to get into our corral seating area. As noted above, all extra benefit depend on how many people we can get out there so spread the word!

Phil
01 Miata SE

To all who have registered for the Mazda corral. Got a call from Nick, and because we only have a few cars registered COTA is giving each of us an option.

Stay in the T1 seats and nearby parkeing, but not in Mazda corral

Move to T15 seats (also premium seats), and parking to near T15. Mazda corral will be there. If you had seats at T1, there is a $5 change fee.

I did not like the choices, but took the change to T15.

This only effects those who already bought tickets at T1...anyone buying now will be placed at T15.

Back