Cost to Replace a Clutch?

4GIVEN said:
Can someone give a step-by-step on how to replace the clutch, and tools needed for it. I live in South Central PA. I have the garage and access to any tools needed if anyone wants to come here and try it. I will help with anything I can.
dude, search.
in the "how to" section there is a thread that has step by step instructions and pictures.

You won't regret the Exedy Stage 1... I haven't heard a single bad review about em.

Well it seems like I may only be able tog et the stock clutch, I don't think I can afford the exedy stage 1, though the Protege Stage 1 looks a bit cheaper. I don't know how it stands up against the stock one.

Anyone that knows please post

i have the ACT Street Performance Clutch Kit and QUAIFE ATB Differential and with free labor i paid like $1800. my clutch was fine, but i changed it out while i was in there. and i had the fly resurfaced. go the extra buck while you got it down.saves you in the long run.

so about every how often should a clutch be relaced? I drive an NA... and have about 140K on it... after i swaped my cluster and got one with a tach, I am beating the s*** out of it cuz i finaly can see my rpms and how far I can go... please respond...

sorry for the threadjack...

A clutch can really last as long as you want it to, it all depends on how you treat it. I'm hitting 75k no issue, and I drive my car HARD.

I wonder sometimes if my clutch is slipping a little but I notice my left foot on the pedal (even ever so slightly) and it only happens in 3rd gear. Don't know, but down the road I may need one.

VIC, I would say find somebody to help you out an DIY. The more we know, the better we are with these cars. That would save you a TON on labor to add to another fund for this car which we tend to spend a lot of money on new toys anyway.(glare)

Dugg E Fresh said:
I wonder sometimes if my clutch is slipping a little but I notice my left foot on the pedal (even ever so slightly) and it only happens in 3rd gear. Don't know, but down the road I may need one.

VIC, I would say find somebody to help you out an DIY. The more we know, the better we are with these cars. That would save you a TON on labor to add to another fund for this car which we tend to spend a lot of money on new toys anyway.(glare)

True, just have to find someone in Nor Cal to help me out, just would need it done within a day...

Latest posts

Back