Cost to buy a Mazda 2?

c7scayman

:
96 Mazda Protege DX 1.5L
Using Mazda's financing calculator.

Base price of Sport model with $5000 down, 60 months, 1.9% APR was $184 per month, which is very affordable. I know there is an 8% tax cost I have to add. But what other costs are involved with buying a new car at a typical Mazda dealership. What are the average dealer fees for registration, title and tag? Any other fees I should know about?

For those who had a Mazda 2 for at least 1 year. Does Mazda charge you for a maintenance schedule that just requires a check up? Inspection of hoses, brakes, fluids, etc. How much does Mazda charge for common maintenance? Any issues thus far in interior quality, or mechanical reliability?

Thanks.

So I guess this means the 0% financing deal has expired. That's why I got mine when I did. Before you buy, you may want to check out truecar.com, saved me time and money though I had to drive over an hour to get to a "truecar dealer." If you can, I suggest the touring model over the sport. Lots of nice extras for not much more money. I've been very happy with mine so far.

Right now Mazda is doing 0% for 60 months. Not sure where the 1.9% APR is coming from.

And +1 to getting the Touring if you can afford it. It's worth the extra money.

Using Mazda's financing calculator.

Base price of Sport model with $5000 down, 60 months, 1.9% APR was $184 per month, which is very affordable. I know there is an 8% tax cost I have to add. But what other costs are involved with buying a new car at a typical Mazda dealership. What are the average dealer fees for registration, title and tag? Any other fees I should know about?

For those who had a Mazda 2 for at least 1 year. Does Mazda charge you for a maintenance schedule that just requires a check up? Inspection of hoses, brakes, fluids, etc. How much does Mazda charge for common maintenance? Any issues thus far in interior quality, or mechanical reliability?

Thanks.

a good rule of thumb the salespeople use is 10% on top of sticker price for tags/tax/licensing, and it's usually pretty close to the actual end price. when i got my mazda2 you needed 720 credit to get 0%, but my dad cosigned with a 690. His 690 plus my whopping credit score of 0 yielded me a 0.9%(after a ton of negotiating, their initial offer was 5%, good luck with that Mazda). You can get the optional total advantage service plan that covers the first four years of service, when i did the napkin math it ended up being about the actual cost of what it would cost to do it myself, so i went ahead and got it, and they gave me a deal on the extended warranty and service plan, might have been a "deal" but it wasn't too bad over all, think it was like $1800 for 4 years of service and 100k/7year full warranty.

If you qualify for 0% apr its $16 per month per $1000 loaned.

as for the touring vs sport, this comes down to personal preference. The only things i really "wanted" from the touring was the spoiler/fog light/tweeters. The interior red stitching is cool but not a game changer, the alloy wheels weigh more than the steelies so that's kinda lame. I NEVER use cruise control, have never really liked it and it wastes fuel unless you drive on perfectly paved roads and never hit any inclines/declines at all. The fog lights are very easy to install and you can get them at a low cost online, if i ever wanted to go down that road. The story is the same for the tweeters, they are pre-wired and take 5 minutes to install if i ever choose to get them. As for the spoiler you can buy it on eBay or get aftermarket ones for a different look. The "trip computer" is very basic, and definitely not impressive, i use an ultraguage to do the job and WAY more, and it only costs $60. I went with the sport model and am pretty damn happy overall, the lower sticker is well worth it.

Last edited:
My dealership gave me the price quoted on the website, minus about $50. There were really no fees beyond what was advertised, save for a ~$70 loan initiation fee which the bank charged. It was simply, "Okay, here's the price, and here's how we got there. Sign on the dotted line." As straightforward as buying a candy bar for me. Your milage may vary.

I think they charge about $60 or something for an oil change. Not sure, I haven't gone in for one yet but that should be coming up soon. I believe that's what my brother pays though, but somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

My dealership gave me the price quoted on the website, minus about $50. There were really no fees beyond what was advertised, save for a ~$70 loan initiation fee which the bank charged. It was simply, "Okay, here's the price, and here's how we got there. Sign on the dotted line." As straightforward as buying a candy bar for me. Your milage may vary.

I think they charge about $60 or something for an oil change. Not sure, I haven't gone in for one yet but that should be coming up soon. I believe that's what my brother pays though, but somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

that's about right, when i take mine in for the usual oil change/inspection/tire rotation the service write up says ~$90, and then it's waived since i have the total advantage plan. Honestly though if you feel like you have the time it would be cheaper to do it yourself, the oil filter is in an insanely convenient location. But if you're like me and lazy it's not too bad.

Right now Mazda is doing 0% for 60 months. Not sure where the 1.9% APR is coming from.

And +1 to getting the Touring if you can afford it. It's worth the extra money.

www.mazdausa.com. The lowest they offer is 1.9% for 60 months. I also visited Sharret Mazda in Maryland and they also said 1.9% is the best they can go assuming my credit score is good, which it is.

I know what the touring offers, and the only part of the touring I care for is the rear spoiler. For me, it is not worth the extra cash.

Yes I do plan to do it myself. In the past 8 years, I have Never taken my car to a mechanic for an oil change, tire rotation, trans oil oil change, tune up, battery replacement, muffle rreplacement, brake and rotor replacement, or any other simple task.

But my mother bought a Toyota Rav4 and they offered her free unlimited oil changes and tire rotations for 3 years. (as long as she paid $200 extra upfront). That was a bargain since my mother drives $18,000 miles per year. She had to do an oil change every 2 months at the 3000 mile oil change rule.

I was hoping one of the Mazda dealers offer something similar. I asked Sharret Mazda as well as Falkner Mazda but they don't offer such plans.

I got mines at Pacifico at the airport automall. They give the first OC (car uses full synthetic) and 4th (with them) for free. I hear maple shade is giving lifetime OC's for free. But I'd rather do the work myself.

You should calculate base price after taxes first for the model you want, then do financing adjustments.
I say should be able to get around 14k OTD (price, dest, taxes, paperworkd fees) for a sport. Finance 14k @ 1.9 for 5 years = 244.78, with down, 14k - 5k @ 1.9 for 5 years = $157.36

www.mazdausa.com. The lowest they offer is 1.9% for 60 months. I also visited Sharret Mazda in Maryland and they also said 1.9% is the best they can go assuming my credit score is good, which it is.

Maybe I'm going to a different mazdausa.com than you, but if you go there and click on Mazda 2, at the bottom of the main Mazda 2 page it says "SPECIAL OFFERS" and underneath that "0.0% APR for up to 60 MONTHS."

In fact, Mazda USA is offering the same deal on Mazda 3's, 5's and CX-9's as well.

But the key is that it is only from participating lenders. He might not be able to get a loan from them, or want one from them. Still something to point out and see but there are some fine details to their deals.

Back