CorkSport Short Intake Information

talked to the guys at CS and was told they did test with/without an air straightener.

Last edited:
So we are assuming they found that the air straightener was an added cost for a part that they didn't need. My intake system should be in December 2. If anyone really wants a cobb SRI that I will actually sell for less than what they cost new, pm me ;)

Err Something must have gotten mixed up there on the air straightener info. We tried testing our kit with an air straigthener and it made more power without it.

How would the lack of an air straightener ruin the maf? The whole point of the straightener is to route the turbulant air to the maf so it can read it more accurately. That won't ruin the maf, just ruin your tuning really. That's what has gotten everyone so uptight about not having an air straightener (including myself lol).

How would the lack of an air straightener ruin the maf? The whole point of the straightener is to reduce the turbulence caused by bends in the intake so the MAF can read the volume of air accurately. That won't ruin the maf, just cause a lean condition CEL. That's what has gotten everyone so uptight about not having an air straightener (including myself lol).

FTFY

How would the lack of an air straightener ruin the maf? The whole point of the straightener is to route the turbulant air to the maf so it can read it more accurately. That won't ruin the maf, just ruin your tuning really. That's what has gotten everyone so uptight about not having an air straightener (including myself lol).

and the Speed6 and CX7 don't have air straighteners because..................... why??

vendors need to realize theres a market for folks who dont want a technicolored engine bay...
cant count the cost ive had to spend to replace red or blue couplers...

Back