Corksport S pipe installation help!!!

SIBalla23

ASE Certified Technician
:
2002 Mazda Protege ES
I am trying to install the corksport s pipe onto the msp turbo(t25). Anyways it is off the car. I cannot get a tool to get that middle bottom nut on, its at the apex of the first bend on pipe coming out of turbo. Its a 12mm nut and I cannot get a wrench on the nut for s***. Its only on a few threads but theres no room like for a wrench. What have you guys used to install, is there a special type of wrench needed that is bent a certain way??

theres a how to in here somewhere on how you can get the DP off without removing the turbo...do a search it should come up

The turbo is already off the car. It has never even seen the car yet. I'm still trying to bolt the s pipe up onto the turbo and then install it as a entire unit onto the car. That damn nut is giving me the trouble and I know it has done the same with everyone else. So I'm asking what type of wrench has everyone used since a regular open end 12mm wrench will not fit.

I know some people have gotten some cheap 12 mm wrench and ground down the sides so it fits. It won't be as strong but it should get the job done. Personally, I think I just used a set of needle-nose pliers to get that nut as tight as I could (probably not the best idea though).

corksport its alittle bigger then factory just make sure you have really good mounts and might want to put a flex section in on the exhaust

Well I got the s pipe bolted up to the turbo today. That one pain in the ass nut is on there real good and the rest are actually torqued to spec. I ordered this wrench from sears the other day:
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00943466000P?vName=Tools
This wrench did the job. I used the open end part. It has a different offset so I was able to get in there decent enough to turn the nut. Used that wrench and a regular open end wrench and it worked out good.

Back